14 foot lone star

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shawnknemeyer

Reaction score
I just purchased a 14 foot lone star boat. From the best I can tell it is a commander. Can anyone help me get the year for this boat only numbers on the boat are 26256240 and they are stamped into the aluminum on the right side of the transom. Any help would be great.

Since you can look for identifying features/markings and such on the boat, maybe you can find the info you want on this site.
https://www.fiberglassics.com/library/Lone_Star

I've looked up the info on that page and it just gives me a rough estimate on the year. The tag office wants an exact year so I'm running into some problems with that. But thanks for the link on that

Boat co's weren't required to put HIN tags on their boat until 1972 so boats built prior to that year may not have an HIN. You didn't list your state but if they don't require a title, tell them it's a 1956 and let them run with that.

Can you post a couple of pictures? That might help some of us help you. If you have a 1950s model Commander, or better yet a King Commander you have a real jewel. Some of the best small tinnies ever made IMO.

I live in Arkansas. The state does not require titles on boats I just have to get a hull id from the game and fish commission. I have a few picks that I will upload ASAP. Thanks for all the help.

some of the pics I have if anyone needs more to identify just let me know again thanks for all the help.

Attachments

• IMAG0188.jpg
    IMAG0188.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,412
  • IMAG0189.jpg
    IMAG0189.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,412
Nice! With that vertical bow and mini front deck, I'd be surprised if that's not from the mid 50's era. I like that style boat. BTW what part of AR?

Wow! I just noticed the trailer. Looks like it could be original to the boat also. Never seen anything remotely similar to that.

My guess (and it's only a guess) is that it is a Commander (rather than a King Commander ) from the early to mid 1950s. In either case It's a great boat. It should handle anything up to and including a 25 horse two cycle without any problem.

Thanks for all the info guys. The lady's at the tag office were able to get me legal for the water still not sure on the exact year but is registered as a 56. The trailer is a Little dude B-14 tilt trailer. I'm love in Russellville only minute from the Arkansas river.

One tip. If your boat is like the '57 King Commander my dad had (and which my son still has) there are four small (quarter inch in diameter or smaller) bolts across the back just below the wooden part of the transom. For years that boat leaked a little bit when it was sitting still in the water. It didn't leak when the boat was underway. We checked for loose rivets. There were no loose rivets. We checked the drain plug. Nothing wrong there. It was a mystery that we couldn't solve. There wasn't enough leakage to be dangerous, but it was an annoyance.

One day, quite by accident, I noticed that the nut on one of those small bolts was loose. A screw driver and a crescent wrench cured the problem. Apparently the weight of the motor weight was just enough to submerge those loose bolts when setting dead in the water and let a little water in.

Since then I've heard similar stories from a couple of other 50s model Lone Star owners.

Thanks for the tip I will have to check that out and maybe put some 5200 on the bolts to make them water proof.

They weren't through the wood part and once tightened, never leaked again,nor did they do any damage to the boat.

Good Luck with your great find.

Alright guys since you guys have helped me out with the boat so much I have some more questions.
I just picked up a 1985 evinrude 25hp electric start for 350.00, the guy said it ran last year but believes it needs carb work. Any suggestions on where to start and how did I do on this deal.

Latest posts