14' Hull unknown tinboat restoration

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mv-tin

Reaction score
Hello everyone new guy to the fourm. Thought I could get some help IDing my new tin boat. I work at a boat yard and a guy drives in with it on a trail said he bought the trailer and the boat came with it. Long story short after he couldn't sell it I ended up walking away with it for free. She is 14" with three benches.From the looks it was painted and someone scratche the heck out of it trying to remove it. I used a soy based paint stripper and a copper wire brush for the rivets. Then wet sanded the side 220-600 and compounded the side with a buffer. She is a smooth ride and classy lines but would love to know the origanl maker is to try and get some parts such as the front light ecsetra. Thanks for looking

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 1,264
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 1,264
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 1,264
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 1,264
wow you scored dude !!
I don't know anything about the maker of your boat.
I just want to add that you can get the vintage running light
and new bow handle off of e-bay.
Just a word of caution - some of the vintage navigation lights
have a blue lens vs the green . . . the USCG says that you can
use the blue lens light for daytime display only . . .
if you are running at night - the lens must be green (not blue).
bow light.JPG

Nice score ! Those transom corner braces and the shape of the bow look very similar to a crestliner I have at my hunt camp

I was going to say cresliner based on the spray rail and rivet formation towards the front of the boat. I would say its probably newer than my 58' based on the seats. Checkout Retrocrestliner.net/org and look through their catalogs to find one that matches your setup.