16' Lowe Line

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I have been out of comission for a while but I got to do some more work on my boat. After laying down the floor I decided to mount some corner stops for two igloo coolers. One is for refreshments, and the other is for a live well. I aslo trimmed out some on the floor to give it a better look. I still have some more work to do to the deck to get it looking good, but I plan on wiring up the nav lights tonight as well as mount a fish finder. I will post pictures after I get more done.

Attachments

• SN850292.jpg
    SN850292.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 2,499
  • SN850294.jpg
    SN850294.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 2,499
  • SN850295.jpg
    SN850295.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 2,499
Sorry to beat you to death with questions... How have the flotation pods affected the stability, as in rocking side to side? I have a 1974 version of your boat; a lot of trot lining, & walking back and forth in the boat.

Thanks,
jarobi

Thanks for the compliments.

The teleflex cable came from Iboats.

The float boxes or pods have helped to keep me floating higher in the water as well as plain out a little faster. They don't really do much for side to side motion. Otherwise I have been asked by numerous guys who are running heavier motors wanting me to fab some for them. They said the can even tell based on how I use to sit low in the water and now I am sitting on top more. Helps out when you are a fat kid like me.

The mats were just a cheap idea. It helped to save money on my build and they are really easy on the knees when you are kneeling while checking trot lines. Hope they hold up as well as they seem to be. It has made it through one river tourney with 3 guys in the boat, and two buckets of yellow cat gear and poles. By the way Rat your boat is lookoing good with the paint. I can 't wait to see the finished product. We will all have to get together with Joe one weekend to run some jons.

Anyother questions or comments welcomed. I hope to have the wiring done tonight, but we will see how that goes.

River Rider said:
We will all have to get together with Joe one weekend to run some jons. Anyother questions or comments welcomed. I hope to have the wiring done tonight, but we will see how that goes.

Definitely, we have already talked about it a couple of times, starting an 18 HP club! You will need to re-badge your cowling! :mrgreen: I'll have Joe call ya when we do it.