16' semi v re-do

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmilner

Reaction score
Hi All. I've always been the guy that likes the old stuff and restores the lost causes. This winter was no exception :)

Day one side view.jpg
Day one rear view.jpg
Boat stripped.jpg
Wood front view.jpg
Blue Lights Rear view.jpg
IMG_0303.JPG

Attachments

• Carpeted rear view.jpg
    Carpeted rear view.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 885
Very nice, looks clean. =D> =D> =D> =D>

Would love to see some pics of the bracing, both under the deck as well as the floors. Curious as to how you accounted for the slight V on the support for the lower decks.

Very nice! I have a 66 Johnson 9.5 on mine also!

I would also like to see pics of the build.

CMOS

I didn't take any pics of the build. The low decks are sitting on 2X2 frames that lay flat down the sides of the boat and across the ends and center with four 2x2 legs going down to the gunnels nearer the center. The 2x2 frames were glued and screwed then the frame assembly was secured to the bottom of the boat with spots of silicone rubber sealant. The front deck uses the original very front seat and the second seat assemblies for support and is 2X4 construction. The larger front hatch is hinged at the front and is storage for life jackets. The two side hatches are hinged in the center and house batteries, electrical, fire extinguisher, ect. That frame is held in place with just a few bolts and is also resting on the gunnels for strength. The long seats are 3/4" piywood, the decks are 1/2". The trolling motor deck is 3/4" plywood sitting on a welded steel frame that was bolted to the boat.

dmilner,

Thanks for the description, makes sense to me.

One more question, how is the weight distibuted? From your description, you have the TM battery in the middle under the front deck. Do you have another battery, motor and gas tank in the back? If that's your setup, how's she float/ride with just you in the stern? Would the weight of the front deck and framing be enough up front w/o the battery?

Thanks again for the responses, I'm trying to solve a layout question on a 16' v-hull.

Ictalurus

The group 31 battery is about 1/3 of the way back barely to the left of center and its built for a second just to the right of center, just where the v starts to flatten. No battery in the back, just a six gallon fuel tank and the Johnson. The passenger seat can be moved to the left side of the second bench to offset where I sit while running on the outboard. One pic shows how it sits in the water. I haven't had it loaded with extra gear or a second person but the front lifted about right under power and should sit real nice with more load. Cuts through wakes pretty smooth as it sits.