1648M Lowe build / deck conversion multi purpose rig

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CircleG

Reaction score
I'm new to this and the boating world. Thanks to the kids taking a liking to the world of fishing we recently bought a boat to build. Its a 1648M Lowe with a 25hp Johnson. Pretty rough shape when I got it. I have started building a deck and rebuilt the bottom end of the engine. might be a little late on getting this on here. but, maybe this will help some guys out there or some guys out there could willingly point out what I'm doing wrong. I will get some pics up today. Also despite the rain in Ks I'm going to mount a 45 / 45 HC Minn Kota trolling motor swivel ez seat mount and budget seat all from BASS PRO. I hope to have a boat for both the river and lake that will be convenient for bass, crappie, and catfishing. Also safe and clean for the kids.

Having a heck of a time uploading pics from my iphone the site says they are too big??? any help? thanks

If you google 'convert photos to smaller size' you will find many options, including free, online services that reduce your photos to a smaller file size.

here is a few pics.

Attachments

• photo 1 (1).JPG
    photo 1 (1).JPG
    44.1 KB · Views: 1,329
  • photo 2 (1).JPG
    photo 2 (1).JPG
    51.1 KB · Views: 1,329
  • photo 3 (1).JPG
    photo 3 (1).JPG
    39.2 KB · Views: 1,329
  • photo 4 (1).JPG
    photo 4 (1).JPG
    37.6 KB · Views: 1,329
  • photo 5.JPG
    photo 5.JPG
    42.2 KB · Views: 1,329
for the deck I used 3/4" CDX and 2x4 deck was then coated in rubberized undercoating. for the carpet I ordered marine grade cut pile carpet glued and stapled. Also on the trailer I used 13" wheels, tires, and bigger fenders to avoid blow outs and gain ground clearence. I went with the 45 / 45 minn kota edge hand control trolling motor so I don't have a ton of clutter on the deck.

Love how that front deck came out. And you ain't lyin' about the rain right now, been storming off and on all weekend in sek. Keep up the good work!

When you guys deck out these jons, where does your co-angler fish? I basicly co angle off the back of my own boat because I'm there with the motor and everything but it does get annoying fishing left overs sometimes. That's why I have supertuned shimanos so I can out cast anybody that's with me lol

Yeah, the deck I had a slight grade to the back of the boat just below the top of the rail. Should keep the water from sitting on the deck. I hope. Co-angler the wife...? Lol she can stay in the back! Just kidding she wanted the deck a little longer to layout.

That's my wife's only request. She'll go fishing with me, but wants a place to lay down later and take a nap.