1652 Bowfishing Rig

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tyler_W

Reaction score
Well some of you may have seen my 1436 i had that was beat up and twisted i was goin to try to use.... bad idea.... So i foun this 1652 with trailer for $1000. I plan on adding a center console, flush bowfishing deck with 4 400 watt hps floodlights, and later make the light rail enclosed. Gonna use plywood for the deck and keep the bottom floor open foir now until i can find some aluminum thats at a decent price. I am going to use a hand trolling motor until i get everything ready for my fan. Im not sure if i want to cut out the bench seat in the back, I want to to gain more room but dont know if it will just be more hassle than its worth
Also if any of you have some type of remedy to remove his old paint please enlighten me. I have tried 2 different acids, 2 different paint strippers, and carb cleaner. The only thing thats halfway working is sandpaper wich takes alot of time. I plan on removing all the paint and keeping it bare aluminum
5128_13_04_10_12_39_55.jpg

5128_13_04_10_12_40_18.jpg

5128_18_04_10_12_36_51.jpg

5128_18_04_10_12_37_57.jpg

5128_18_04_10_12_39_01.jpg

Also the boat has 22 inch sides and is 75 inches across the gunels

Nice rig. As for stripping it. Try some stripper and place saran wrap on top to keep the fumes, gases, and whatnot contained - worked for a bunch of people here. Sometimes, only elbow grease and a sander/wire wheel works.

this place aint like it used to be man.... yall not like bowfishing or something?

Thats a sweet boat. It will be perfect for bowfishing. I wanna see how you hook up the lights. If the paint won't come off maybe your better off painting over it. Good luck

ober51 said:
Looks like a solid rig. And yes, I know nothing about bow fishing.
Haha well its not that complicated, just something to get used to. Just aim low haha

basshunter25 said:
If the paint won't come off maybe your better off painting over it. Good luck

I agree with this statement. Even if you get all the paint off by sanding and using a wire wheel, you will still not have a nice, shiny aluminum finish. It will have swirl marks and all kinds of other imperfections.

Good luck with it! Hope it turns out great for you.

sturdi87 said:
it probably wouldn't be terribly expensive, although not cheap, to have it sandblasted, you might want to look into it.
a buddy of mine has a sandblaster all i have to do is buy sand, BUT your supposed to use baking soda on aluminum, A.K.A soda blasting

Well i got a good bit done this weekend. Got about 3/4 of the boat stripped. I ended up using a 4 inch black sponge looking disc to strip it off. It leaves swirls in the aluminum which i expected, but i will be smoothing it out with sandpaper then polishing it. I got the old wood out of the transom and cut me a 2x12 to replace the rotten plywood. never got around to putting it in due to the weather not cooperating
SU1HMDAyMjQuanBn.jpg

SU1HMDAyMjUuanBn.jpg

SU1HMDAyMjMuanBn.jpg

i plan on having my shooting deck built and the motor running this next weekend.

Nice rig. Thanks for sharing your project. Look forward to the progress. I use my boat for mostly flounder gigging so it will be interesting to me to see your light set up and platforms etc..

Thanks,

Clint

Looking forward to seeing your build. My son is into bow fishing and we are planning on building some sort of removable deck for my 16x48...so I am looking for ideals. You have a nice boat to work with...Flintcreek

Latest posts