16ft mirrocraft build

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't really tell what part you are asking about in the first pic!

My evinrude looked just like that in the second pic, I don't think it's bent, that is just how it is made.

This is a video I watched before I did mine. It's not the same carb but a lot of info is usefull!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5cxBMDezuU

FYI the rebuild kit I bought for the evinrude came with a couple different gaskets and an assortment of parts. It seems the kits are assembled to service quite a few carbs. So just match up parts you take off yours with the new parts and don't freak when you have things left over. My kit had new frost caps like mentioned in the video. Make sure you replace those, the method in the video worked awesome!! If you don't have a punch a 6 penny nail will work.

There are literally 100's of videos you can watch online to get more comfortable with the process!!

moberg12 said:
I can't really tell what part you are asking about in the first pic!

My evinrude looked just like that in the second pic, I don't think it's bent, that is just how it is made.

This is a video I watched before I did mine. It's not the same carb but a lot of info is usefull!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5cxBMDezuU

FYI the rebuild kit I bought for the evinrude came with a couple different gaskets and an assortment of parts. It seems the kits are assembled to service quite a few carbs. So just match up parts you take off yours with the new parts and don't freak when you have things left over. My kit had new frost caps like mentioned in the video. Make sure you replace those, the method in the video worked awesome!! If you don't have a punch a 6 penny nail will work.

There are literally 100's of videos you can watch online to get more comfortable with the process!!

I don't think you can remove the fuel fittings but then again it depends on your carb, personally I still wouldn't mess with it and I think Moberg is right that it was made that way.

If you have a gun cleaning kit with wire brushes you can use those to carefully clean out the inside of the fuel fittings

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343003436.265191.jpg

The smallest brush on the bottom left is made for a .17 HMR would work fantastically.

No updates.between having family members having to come live with us and work been real busy and the heat
havent had time or cash to do anything. plus the motor got me all pissed off.
but i hope as soon as wife is done school shopping for kids i might be able to soon.

wow didnt mean to ramble on.

flajsh said:
No updates.between having family members having to come live with us and work been real busy and the heat
havent had time or cash to do anything. plus the motor got me all pissed off.
but i hope as soon as wife is done school shopping for kids i might be able to soon.

wow didnt mean to ramble on.
I can understand your frustration.....I looked at a place yesterday and it looks like on top of the life stuff,school,hot weather we will be moving into the new place soon. Talk about stress.......oh well such is life, I will get through it. #-o

I feel lucky the only mouths I have to feed, clothe, shelter, etc is me and my dog, but I'm sure having kids and family has it's benefits...

Gators5220 said:
I feel lucky the only mouths I have to feed, clothe, shelter, etc is me and my dog, but I'm sure having kids and family has it's benefits...

Hey man idk if you are getting my PM's because they aren't showing up on my messages sent but if not just tell me man I have a few questions for you

Buddy I just noticed the messages, I don't know how much I can help, but I don't have a phone atm, waiting on a replacement as my I phone broke. But I'm an oncologist (cancer) that's my specialty not neurology or anything with the spine, I can ask some friends at work on their opinions if that would help? Send me a message and give me what your asking about I'll try to find out some info and put in a little research at the library before I call so I can at least know more about your condition and be able to ask my coworkers more sensible questions? Hope this works for you?

Any updates on this boat, your right down the road from me if you ever wanna hit the water to get away.

You get that Carb rebuilt bud? Hope ya got her done and it's all runnin well for ya!

Latest posts