1954 Trailorboat Deluxe Klamath

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Captain Chris

Reaction score
Hello,
This is my first post. I just bought my second aluminum boat. It is a 1954 Trailorboat Deluxe Klamath. My first aluminum boat is a 1977 Klamath Trailorboat. The 54 has a console for a steering wheel. The previous owner never installed a steering wheel and always used tiller steering. I would like to install a steering wheel. I'm thinking that since it is a 54, I'd like to find a mid 50s 15 HP Evinrude Fastwin with the correct steering and control kit. Has anyone ever seen a steering console like the one on my boat. Am I supposed to drill a hole in it for the steering shaft or mount something below it? Does anyone know where I might find the steering wheel, pulleys, controls etc.? Is this the best site to get this information? or should I go elsewhere?
Thanks,
Chris
54_trailorboat_1.jpg

54_trailorboat_2.jpg

I heard from someone in the Trailorboat family that they did not supply these boats with the side console, but they may have added it as a special order. I was told by the previous owner who bought it from the grandson of the original owner that it came this way from the factory, and steering was never installed. Why would someone order it and then not use it? I am now considering removing the console and staying with tiller steering. Does anyone recognize the trailer?
Thanks,
Chris

Latest posts