1973 Lowe 14 Scout V

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AllTimeLowe

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I've been lurkin here for a while now ever since I got my tin (FREE). I've finally decided to post my project since everyone here has given me some insperation to put some blood and sweat in this thing; maybe I can return the favor. I got the boat from a guy that I used do yard work for; after begging for about a year to get it. After all it did sit for about 15 years in his back yard. Im really not that much of a fisherman all I really know is some bream fishing in a local branch of the Savannah River. But, since my buddy with a flat bottom went in the navy right out of highschool so I havent had much of a chance to get out and fish. Finally, I got my own so I can get back out there and hopefully try out some bass fishing at the lake. Any way this is the boat after I did my Raptor Spray in Bedliner. I forgot to get some before pictures but this is what i got so far.
raptor liner in boat.jpg

This is a close up of the liner
close up of raptor liner in boat.jpg
I also got a tilt trailer and a beat up 1436 flatbottom for 250.00 sold the jon for 100.00 but I will get a picture of that up tommorow. Here is a rough idea of what my set up might be.
boat plan.jpg
Any suggestions with the deck would be helpful, the beam if I remeber correctly is about 50" somthing, the bottom of the transom is 40" and, the sidewalls are 19" at the transom

is it spray can type liner or did you take it some where ? how much did it cost ya ? it looks great

Looks good, but I'm wondering (since I have almost the same Lowe only 14 years newer, '87 Superior 14V) did you remove the other 3 seats or are they available? Have you run it this way? Does the hull seem to flex with the lateral supports (seats) gone? Wonder why Lowe rated it for just 10HP back then. They don't show a dry hull weight on your plate but mine states 200 lbs. Anyway, the bedliner looks real nice and I've thought about doing it to mine. How many gallons of material did it take?

I removed the seats from it. Originally it had a small one very close to the front and of course the one in the middle. I haven't brought it out like this so im not sure how it would react. It does have a little flex to it on the trailer, so I wouldn't trust on water.

The liner I used was bought from ebay its on there from I want to say $100 to $115. I originally bought it for my truck but I figured I would test it out first. It is called Raptor Liner made by U-POL. It came with a spray gun four bottles of liner and a can of hardener. Its actually really simple to do you just fill the bottles of liner up with the hardner then screw the bottle on to the gun. They also have a kit that has a tintable version.

I removed the seats from it. Originally it had a small one very close to the front and of course the one in the middle. I haven't brought it out like this so im not sure how it would react. It does have a little flex to it on the trailer, so I wouldn't trust on water.

AllTimeLowe said:
The liner I used was bought from ebay its on there from I want to say $100 to $115. I originally bought it for my truck but I figured I would test it out first. It is called Raptor Liner made by U-POL. It came with a spray gun four bottles of liner and a can of hardener. Its actually really simple to do you just fill the bottles of liner up with the hardner then screw the bottle on to the gun. They also have a kit that has a tintable version.

Does this stuff look like Its gonna be durable :?: I would like to check into using it if it looks like It will stand up to the test of time.