1975 Crestliner Voyager Deluxe

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am starting on the middle floor and carpeting it in gray will add more pictures when I finish it, also removed the front bench and I will be riveting the floor.IMG_0971.jpgIMG_0972.jpg

That will be a real beaut when re-done! any plans for console, maybe re-locate to center?
I am still deciding on what to do with the motor and steering, I rebuilt a 1974 50hp Evinrude sizzler that runs great and my crestliner is 16 feet long with a max horsepower of 50hp so debating which motor to use. I thought about making the 35hp to a tiller steer. I do have a brand new teleflex steering kit as well. Also have the crestliner optional livewell that came with the boat.

You might want to reconsider riveting the floor...with my luck, something would slip under and I would need to pull it up....that comes from experience !! There are a number of fastener's availiable that would make it easy to remove yet hold without issues.

Have you thought about rivet nuts? I used 5/16 or 1/4 20 SS round head bolts with rivet nuts (rivet like units that have screw threads inside, squash down like rivets) on my deck.

Sweet boat! It looks like there is a ton of potential to clean it up. Looking forward to updates!

1st section of flooring done, it is glued and tucked over and stapled to the back side got the front cut out and sealed, may get it carpeted tomorrow.IMG_0975.jpg

Ok got alot more finished overlook the mess, about to the point of getting it wrapped up, got to install the steering cable and remote, a little wiring and install the motor and seats.IMG_0998.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1004.jpg
    IMG_1004.jpg
    232.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1002.jpg
    IMG_1002.jpg
    263.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0999.jpg
    IMG_0999.jpg
    238.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1001.jpg
    IMG_1001.jpg
    282 KB · Views: 1
Ok I have an update, I found a tiller steering bracket that bolted up to my Johnson 35hp long shaft now it is a tiller steer like i wanted, I have since removed my console and I am also removing the rear bench seat, I bought aluminum angle to make needed bracing. I am hoping to be on the water in about 3 weeks. Also been designing side vinyl art to cut out on my vinyl cutter and put on the boat. Will update with some more pictures soon. Also added a pair of down riggers for some stripper fishing.

Ok just about to wrap up the boat, Still have to install my garmin 5cv, remote electric anchor and the new seats and pedestals, I did design a dashboard and 3d printed it added and fuel gauge and a tach. Also added a time delay relay to my livewell and 3d printed my lure holders.

Attachments

• IMG_1047.jpg
    IMG_1047.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1050.jpg
    IMG_1050.jpg
    187.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1049.jpg
    IMG_1049.jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1048.jpg
    IMG_1048.jpg
    197.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1046.jpg
    IMG_1046.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1045.jpg
    IMG_1045.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1044.jpg
    IMG_1044.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1043.jpg
    IMG_1043.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1042.jpg
    IMG_1042.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1041.jpg
    IMG_1041.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 0
Great job. I wish I was like you ready for fishing. My Crestliner is a 1970, 18' Voyager UT boat. $700 with motor & trailer. Parallel side seats in the back then 3 cross seats 2 big, 1 little front. PT removed foam & seats. A mess yet. Have not started "fix up". I think split seats with walk thru, & front deck for stand up & troll motor. Old 35 hp Johnson came with. Unknown last start. Nervous about starting refurb.

Great job. I wish I was like you ready for fishing. My Crestliner is a 1970, 18' Voyager UT boat. $700 with motor & trailer. Parallel side seats in the back then 3 cross seats 2 big, 1 little front. PT removed foam & seats. A mess yet. Have not started "fix up". I think split seats with walk thru, & front deck for stand up & troll motor. Old 35 hp Johnson came with. Unknown last start. Nervous about starting refurb.
I was a little nervous about cutting out the front bench and making a walk thru but it really wasn't that bad, Had to make some new bracing and brackets for it. I sort of copied the layout of the newer crestliner tiller models and designed my layout around that. I am pretty happy with the way it turned out and it handles fine on the water, planes out fast and takes the chop really well. My 35 johnson is a 1977 and found an old 25 johnson with a bad lower end got it cheap and took the tiller bracket and handle off of it and converted my 35 from remote to tiller steer. On my 35 i had to rebuild the carb and put a new impeller in it, new plugs and fuel pump runs great. Also painted the boat didn't like that old golden mustard color lol. The worst part of my repair was two gashes in the front of the boat below the water line and 3 punctures from the inside out toward the back, I had to braze them up and sealed it with coat it, Good luck on your build and post some pictures.

Attachments

• IMG_1052.jpg
    IMG_1052.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1055.jpg
    IMG_1055.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Have you thought about rivet nuts? I used 5/16 or 1/4 20 SS round head bolts with rivet nuts (rivet like units that have screw threads inside, squash down like rivets) on my deck.
I ended up using self-tapping screws instead of rivets on the floor.