1975 Lund Semi-V (NEW PICS 6/5, more to come)

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

authentic

Reaction score
I just picked this baby up yesterday. A friend of a friend happened to be getting rid of it, so I got in on it before it was ever advertised. it's got a cool old 18 hp Johnson Seahorse that supposedly just needs a carb rebuild. It's a 1975 Lund, but other than that I don't know much about it. I know there are a bunch of different models. It's 16' long and 64" wide. It originally had 3 benches, but the middle has been removed and there is a deck on the front that I plan on replacing. I'm sure I'll have many questions along the way, but I'm really excited to get started on my first project. It seemed like a deal I shouldn't pass up for $500 for boat trailer and motor. I hope I'm not in too far over my head. I'm sure I'll be on here often looking for ideas and how to actually do some of this stuff. Thanks in advance for your help. I'll be sure to keep it updated as I actually get things done.

Attachments

• DSC_0150.jpg
    DSC_0150.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 2,540
  • DSC_0151.jpg
    DSC_0151.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 2,540
  • DSC_0152.jpg
    DSC_0152.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 2,540
I don't know anything about the motor right now, other than it's an 18 hp Johnson. It is cool lookin' though. I'm looking forward to learning more about it & getting it fixed up, if it's w/in my realm of capabilities. I spent a bit outside this morning, cleaning it up, but it's so cold and wet that I'm deciding to spend my time in here doing a little research.

Looks good! I envy you because that means you don't have to do all the sanding, prepping, and painting I am doing right now. Yeah I would say you got a good deal. You could sell that trailer for $300 in a heartbeat, and would have no problem getting close to what you paid just for the hull around here. Good luck!

Good deal on the thing man, that's a $100-1500 rig down here! Those old 18 are strong motors and light compared to the newer 18s (so I hear), very nice. Get the numbers off of it and get the manual.

That's a $1500 rig here, too (which is why I jumped all over the deal). I think he just didn't do much research before selling it to me. I'm actually buying another boat at the end of this week that'll be my main fishing boat, while I learn on this one how to mod it out correctly. I'm picking up a 90s G3 1652 mod-v w/steering column and 50hp Johnson to fish out of this summer. Then, when I'm more confident, I'll rebuild that, the way I want it (my wife thinks I'm crazy). The Lund's previous owner also said he thought he had the owner's manual laying around somewhere at his apartment, too. He's going to look for it, and mail it to me, hopefully sometime this week. If it's just the carb, I think I can figure that out, as long as I can find a place to get the replacement parts. He said he thought it needed the float replaced.

Well, even though it's 35º, windy, and rainy, I got out and started pulling off the rotten deck that had absolutely zero support between the two seats. I want to get out and get some more done, but I need it to dry out a little first. Good news is, with all this rain, I've discovered that there appear to be no leaks, as I had about 8 inches or so of water sitting in the boat when the family got home from our mini vacation.

I plan on finishing the cleanup, whenever the rain stops. and then I'll prep to paint the inside, in some shade of gray, to go with the gray carpet that will eventually go on the floor and decks.

Attachments

• 2010-03-12 17.50.21.jpg
    2010-03-12 17.50.21.jpg
    364.6 KB · Views: 2,447
No pictures right now, because there's nothing exciting to look at, yet. I spent a good chunk of this weekend framing for the floor between the front an back benches. We riveted on some angle aluminum, and cut the 2x4s down, to frame across the boat. Kind of a pain when the angle is different for each one. If we have decent weather next weekend, I'm hoping to get all of the wood for the floors, deck, and trolling motor deck cut to size. Then, I can get it all sealed and carpeted for installing. I've got 90% of the electrical stuff sitting at my house, ready to go. I just need to figure out what trolling motor plug I need for my 24v 74lb thrust Maxxum. I see a lot of stuff happening very quickly (crossing my fingers) now that we got the difficult framing done. Everything else should be fairly straight cuts.

2 questions

1 Any tips on what plug I should order? I want something fairly inexpensive.

2 How much space around the edge to I need to account for, with the carpet? I want a nice tight fit, but I want it to actually fit.

Well, it's been a while, but much progress has been made. Sorry for missing some of the in progress pics. Everything just got rolling, and I was in getting things done mode. Here's a pic of the front end 99% done. I just have to screw down the front access hatch (and you can't even see that in the pics. Thanks to everyone on here for your help, getting this thing rolling. Thanks to you guys, my electronics all worked first time, and I learned about sealing my wood, plus I got the ideas for how to do everything else the right way. I've got a 74lb Maxxum on the front, that I got for a steal of a deal. It's my first experience with the direct steering. All my friends have the PowerDrives and Terrovas. I haven't got to use it on the water yet (tomorrow, I hope), but I think I'm gonna love it. I am going to carpet the rear bench this afternoon, and screw the hatch down. At that point, I will consider the major project over. I know I've got a bunch of other little things I want to do, but those can be taken care of while using the boat. I'll post more pictures in the next few days.

Attachments

• 30188_449002114151_763084151_6053569_2290970_n.jpg
    30188_449002114151_763084151_6053569_2290970_n.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 1,999