1976 Lund C-12

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That turned out really nice, love the floor choice and you did a great job on the carpet. Can you come carpet mine? :wink:

Thanks for the kudos! These idle hands are looking for another boat project.

All in due time, I suppose.....

I had a lund about the same year in 14ft, it was blue from the factory. Your blue looks great as does the fit, finish, carpeting, everything. Very nice job. I did not hear any mention of putting flotation foam back in there, hope you plan on doing that.
Tim

Thanks!

Yeah, the flotation was only in the back and center benches, and not too substantial at that. I left the rear flotation, but took out the center bench foam. I still have the block of foam and will cut sections to accommodate the split bench.

Excellent job! I haven't decided if I'm gonna keep my little 12'. If i do I'm going to make it over similar to the way you did yours. Low floor with a middle bench pass thru. Have you had it out? How stable does it feel walking around?

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=331077#p331077 said:
Flatbotm » 02 Oct 2013, 12:33[/url]"]Excellent job! I haven't decided if I'm gonna keep my little 12'. If i do I'm going to make it over similar to the way you did yours. Low floor with a middle bench pass thru. Have you had it out? How stable does it feel walking around?
Thanks! Unfortunately, on a 12' V hull, you can't really improve stability. On the other hand, the modification didn't make it worse. I've been in some pretty wobbly light 12' V-hull boats. This Lund model was pretty stable to begin with though, thankfully. It's pretty heavy for a 12' aluminum. So I can honestly say that the modifications didn't affect the stability at all. The most important things, like I said earlier in the thread, are keep the floor LOW and use light materials. Those two things are the only reasons it's not wobbly or top-heavy. Putting a casting deck on a 12' is just asking for trouble. The walk-thru center bench really opens it up. The dog and the kids don't have to be right at my feet and I'm not tripping over the center bench trying to land fish in the dark. Definitely happy with the results.

Haha! Check this out! I found this online from the Lund archive. Pulled it out of the catalog.

Attachments

• LUND C12.JPG
    LUND C12.JPG
    402.5 KB · Views: 587

Latest posts