1976 Polar Kraft Aluminum Jon Boat - Bass Boat Build - 16ft

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greenlightening

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I want to start by saying that I gleaned a ton of valuable information from this site to do my boat build. I started in late summer 2015. I am still tinkering with it and adding features, but its been in use since Fall of 2015. Caught a lot of fish from it.

Anyhow, I know how much I loved seeing boat restoration photos on here, so I figured I would finally share mine.

Some background info: This boat was given to me by my Grandfather. He had some health concerns and I think he was getting sentimental and decided to give me this boat before he passes. As of this writing he's doing pretty well still. The boat sat on his property for 30 years. Sat back in the woods with a rotted cover on it, on a trailer with flat tires. By some miracle, the tires held air well enough for me to get it home. I wanted to work quickly to get it restored so he could see it. He's very proud of how it looks and that means a lot to me. He did think I should have painted it Camo though :).

(I'll be adding pics in subsequent posts, there's lots of em.)

Let me know what you think. This is the first time I've ever done something like this.

Thanks,

Nick

Awesome job!I especially like the trailer restore

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

derekdiruz said:
Awesome job!I especially like the trailer restore

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Thanks, I like how it turned out as well. I did end up putting different tires/rims on it last year.