1979 mercury 20hp

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

94silverbeast

Reaction score
was wondering if anyone knew if there was a ''Pisser'' on the motor or if it exited from the exhaust? thanks

That late of a model merc should have one. If it has thru hub exahust (as a rule of thumb) it has a "tell-tale" (pisser).

:beer:

Standing behind your motor it will be on the right hand side bottom of the cowl.You should see the tube.

ok thanks guys... im in the process of tuning up that thing took the carb off and gonna put a kit in it tomorow and replace the water pump impeller. is there any advice i can get on this? i dont have a manual just doing it. dont seem too hard

so i changed the plugs, wires, and put a carb kit in the engine....i had a problem before with when i pump up the bulb gas pours out of a hole right beside the inlet. i thought the needle might not be seating correctly but i changed that also. can someone please help me i will get a picture of the hole i am talking about as soon as i can. thanks

so i got the engine running! but gas still pours out at start up. after start its fine. im thinking the float doesnt float! the kit had everything but a float so im gonna go that route. it still runs kinda sluggish but i think it has to do with the float and idle so gotta order that stuff.......

i have a problem and need some help..... i got the engine to idle pretty good but there is nothing coming out of the water return its blowing air out... the engine is in enough water for the pickup point. please help

94silverbeast said:
i have a problem and need some help..... i got the engine to idle pretty good but there is nothing coming out of the water return its blowing air out... the engine is in enough water for the pickup point. please help
When test run my motor at home in a tub full of water I don't get anything from the pisser but when the boats in the river it has a good stream of water from the pisser.

I'd not run the motor until you look at replacing the impeller and maybe the water pump. You dont want to burn up this motor.