1981 Lund C-14 Mod

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tdot_Lund

Reaction score
Hello,

just wanting to thank all the forum for all the ideas for my lund mod.

It will never be finished, always one more thing i would like to replace or mod.

but here is how it will hit the water for this season.

1985 9.8 Merc, powered.

Complete front and rear Deck install, with outdoor carpet covering.
Storage compartments, seat quick release's, new lights on trailer.
Rod Holders. New trailer Tires. bilige pump installed.

Attachments

• IMG-20110511-00002.jpg
    IMG-20110511-00002.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 2,376
  • IMG-20110511-00004.jpg
    IMG-20110511-00004.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 2,376
  • 1463g0h_20.jpeg
    1463g0h_20.jpeg
    61.2 KB · Views: 2,376
  • IMG-20110520-00015.jpg
    IMG-20110520-00015.jpg
    870 KB · Views: 2,376
  • IMG-20110517-00010.jpg
    IMG-20110517-00010.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 2,376
hello all,
used the boat for most of the summer as is, going to fix up little odds/ ends over winter.

what are u guys recommending for leaking rivets? the boat will hold water in from the rain but soon as its on the water it leaks through the floor rivets.

i was thinking hammering the rivet tight and seal the whole floor inside with a truck bed liner?

any help is great thanks....

Nice project you got there.

Yes try and tighten your rivets or replace them. You may need a buddy to hold the bottom side of the rivet while you hammer it from the inside.

Good luck over the winter

I was searching for my new boat and came across your post. I had no idea or at least never thought of doing mods to my boat. I was just going to do a seat replacement and call it a day. Very nice job. Before I asked any questions I'll go through all the mods and posts and see how ya'all are doing this stuff. I'm curious about the storage and how you do the storage openings but I'm sure I'll figure that one out to.
Great site, looking forward to digging deeper.
FishyBC

Hey Tdot,
Do you still hang out here ? I'd love to pick your brain on a couple things. If anyone else has suggestions I'm all ears !
You reused the existing slots that hold the seats up for channeling and supporting the plywood. What did you do to support it at the far tip of the bow and did you put any bracking of any kind under it ? I would love to keep it lower in the boat if possible.

The same for he back platform. how did you brace it ?
Do you have any other pictures during the build or just these finished ones ?

Thanks a ton for any advice!

i went to the hardware store and got new stainless steel bolts and screws for the rebuild, i actually used pieces or nylon strapping as hinges so i wouldn't have any rusting issues. boat is in storage for the winter but in the spring i can send you lots of detailed pictures.

thanks

Thanks Tdot,
That would be awesome. I'm looking at starting the "makeover" the last week of March. I'm planning on doing basically what you did and want to figure out how much bracing etc is required.
Any shortcuts or tips to duplicate what you did would be much appreciated.
FishyBC