1985 12' Flat Bottom Mod

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

j_tupper

Reaction score
Newbie here sorta.....

Here's the deal. My dad got a ol 12 footer back in the early 90s from a guy who owed him some money. (Trade worked out well for me over 12years later!) It also came with an old 63 3hp johnson which unfortunatly siezed up. :( While in high school I got into fishing and decided to attempt some of the mods I had seen posted on the net.

It worked ok but as a young teenager, my woodworking skills were much better in my head than in person. I ended up with some freebie ply and carpet from a theatre show I was working on so I got to it. The results worked for a while but now that Im home from college I would like to give it another shot. Basically we will be putting on a new casting deck trying to salvage the carpet, with storage this time; redoing the wiring; and covering up battery storage in the transom. We also might be adding in some deck lights as I love to fish at night. (Might even add a accesory socket for my fishing light)

If you have any questions, ideas, or even thoughts I would love to hear them. I look forward to not only hearing your comments but getting this thing back on the water (this time with a little more professional!)

Attachments

• IMG_0261.jpg
    IMG_0261.jpg
    712.7 KB · Views: 1,159
  • IMG_0262.jpg
    IMG_0262.jpg
    865.9 KB · Views: 1,159
  • IMG_0263.jpg
    IMG_0263.jpg
    891 KB · Views: 1,159
  • IMG_0265.jpg
    IMG_0265.jpg
    778.1 KB · Views: 1,159
  • IMG_0268.jpg
    IMG_0268.jpg
    761.4 KB · Views: 1,159
j_tupper said:
It worked ok but as a young teenager, my woodworking skills were much better in my head than in person.

Haha I've been running into the same problem lately.. and this is my second boat mod... :roll:

Glad to have you on board!

Alright, One week later and were pretty much done...(thanks to quitting my job! :oops: ) So here are some final pics for now...let me know what you think.

Attachments

• IMG_0281.jpg
    IMG_0281.jpg
    642.6 KB · Views: 1,025
  • IMG_0282.jpg
    IMG_0282.jpg
    692.1 KB · Views: 1,025
If it works for ya and it fishes thats all you need. What kind of trolling motor is that? Looks like a bench grender turned on its side.

Yeah it is a pretty old little guy....As far as i can tell it is a Minn-Kota CDR model...Not sure what the thrust is but it runs a 9in dual blade prop on 12v.Im gettin ready to purchase a endura 40 but I just love havin some antique stuff like that. It really shows where our hobby has come from.

Latest posts