1988 Mercury 8hp 2-stroke

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

franner11

Reaction score
Not sure if I'm allowed to post this question, but I'm a total outboard noob...
I just upgraded to a 25hp merc...and I now want to sell my Mercury 8hp on craigslist...
I bought it off a outboard repairman last summer. It's a tiller controlled motor - no need for a battery etc, and I have a 3 gallon gas tank and line for it too. It weighs in at about 75-85 lbs, and is a short shaft (15").
It has a brand new electrical components (stator & wires), the lower unit was serviced last summer, the oil changed as well as all of the gaskets, carb was cleaned with new gaskets, lower unit serviced, etc. It starts on the second or third pull...I've only used it about 5 times since I bought it...

How much do you think I should list it for? And how low should be my limit? Really wanting $750 for it...
Thanks in advance!
Fran

Well the best thing to do is look at similar motors on CL in your area and see what they are going for. Different areas of the country demand different prices. Supply and demand will factor into it as well as quality of motor, brand, model, year, and the shape it is in.....etc.

Around here (North Idaho) that motor would bring $400-600 depending on how well it has been maintained and how well it runs. Hope that helps some : )

Latest posts