1989 17' tracker pro 17 mod

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been working on my boat pretty steady for the past 2 weeks, got alot of stuff done, the boat has been primed, 1/2" pvc conduit ran under the floor for the front wiring, the front livewell plumbing is in, and almost ready. I chose to run 3/4" cpvc pipe for the fill, and drain. I still have to get my thru hull fittings, and hose's installed first before I can water test everything. I have the floor plate cut, ready to install. Camera battery is dead so you guys will have to wait for pictures. :shock:

Been working pretty steady on the ole girl everyday, thought I would update everyone. I have the front livewell set in place, I still have to weld that in, the floor has been set in place, ready to be riveted. I put a section of aluminum plate under the floor to give me something to slide the rigging on once I get everything ready to wire. It would be a pain to try and run wires under this floor with the floor supports in the way. I have my conduit in place, and my livewell drain and fill, screwed down on some rubber section. I hoped by doing it this way, I wouldn't have to take the boat apart to replace pipes after they had holes rubbed in them. I have the fuel tank welded in, and I have my 8 rod holder support do-hickies made up, ready to weld on. I have them drilled and tapped for the 2 diffrent driftmaster rod holders that I use, 1/2" and 3/8". My son and I went to Fayetteville this saturday and picked up the new center console, and a lot of small stuff, switches, floor drains, deck drains, olive drab paint, reelfoot camo stencils in mossy oak break-up, and some new deck hatches. I saw some on here for sale a while back, had a good price on them too. Guess someone snatched them up. I want to get the small stuff welded up this week, and I hope, if the weather warms, get some paint on this baby by Friday! :mrgreen:

1/2" pvc conduit
DSC00011.JPG

3/4" cpvc fill and drain piping
DSC00012.JPG

livewell fittings
DSC00013.JPG

Livewell 15"x22"x11"
DSC00014.JPG

Rigging floor plate
DSC00015.JPG

Floor set in place
DSC00016.JPG

New center console
DSC00017.JPG

Set in place
DSC00018.JPG

front shot
DSC00019.JPG

Rear rigging and fuel cell
DSC00021.JPG

Rod holder do-hickies
DSC00022.JPG

She just keeps looking better and better dearl! I know it's a ways off, but how are you thinking of doing your cockpit and locker lighting? I am about ready to start buying electrical stuff and was wondering.

Thanks for the comments guys, Rat I have some small (2"x4") area lights I picked up at wally world back in August,I think they were $5.00 they have a push button on and off switch built into them. I had some in the boat before, and 2 would light the whole bottom of the boat fairly well. I plan to have one on the front bulk head, 1 on the rear, and one in the bilge area. I have been looking at a installing a livewell light, but I haven't convinced myself that its worth it yet. Going to be raining here tomorrow, and cold as you know what towards the end of the week, dont know if I will get any painting done or not. :cry:

area light
DSC00023.JPG

dearl said:
Thanks for the comments guys, Rat I have some small (2"x4") area lights I picked up at wally world back in August,I think they were $5.00 they have a push button on and off switch built into them. I had some in the boat before, and 2 would light the whole bottom of the boat fairly well. I plan to have one on the front bulk head, 1 on the rear, and one in the bilge area. I have been looking at a installing a livewell light, but I haven't convinced myself that its worth it yet. Going to be raining here tomorrow, and cold as you know what towards the end of the week, dont know if I will get any painting done or not. :cry:

Nice find on the lights. They look like they stick out pretty far (?), I bet my hog hunting buddies would break those off in a hurry. I have been looking at the stainless steel low profile LED area lights, they are very nice, only stick out 1/2" but they are almost $25 a piece, proly worth it tho if they last. If you are using the livewell for bait I would put a light in it, best thing I ever did in my old livewell (I used the one from Cabela's), if you are just tossing fish in it I wouldn't mess with it.

Yep they do stick out probably 2" at best. I try to get them to the sides and away from any traffic as much as possible, haven't had a problem yet, but you know if it can happen it probably will in my boat. I seen some low profile lights somewhere, big as a quarter best I can remember, they were actually flush mount, if I can find them again I get the link to you.

Alright boys, she's green! :mrgreen: Managed to get two good coats on the bottom today, got warm enough here I had to try, going to let her dry overnight, and I'll get some pictures up tomorrow hopefully. Calling for rain here Christmas day so I may not get her back on the trailer till Saturday. Hope everyone has a great Christmas, talk to you soon.

Got home alittle earlier than I thought, so I camoed this baby up! I have to say it turned out better than I expected. The stencils I bought made it simple. I tried several diffrent colors till I found the one I wanted. I will try to get it back on the trailer saturday so I can start putting the thru hull fittings in and maybe all the pumps and get started on some wiring.

Console
DSC01721.JPG

Transom
DSC01722.JPG

Side shot
DSC01723.JPG

From the front
DSC01724.JPG

Attachments

• DSC01722.JPG
    DSC01722.JPG
    141.9 KB · Views: 893
Had some time today between presents and dinner, Thought I would get my console items installed, Hope to get the floor in place tomorrow, and maybe, just maybe the console installed in the ole girl.

DSC01725.JPG

DSC01726.JPG

There's only one problem with your build I can see...
You will be spending waaaaay too much time at the ramp answering questions about her! That camo looks awesome!

I text some friends some pictures after I got done, and I have 3 people that want me to help them paint their boats when I get done with mine. It wasn't all that hard, matter of fact it took me and my son all of 2 hrs to do the whole boat. Like I said the stencils made the diffrence, It sure wasn't my painting ability. I managed to get the floor riveted in, and the console set today. All the thru hull fittings are installed, and the livewell pump is in. I started on the front livewell recirculation pump but I have to get a larger uni-bit from work to install all the thruhulls for that one. Started priming the mounting bracket for my motor. I want to get the motor mounted on the boat by the end of the week so I can tinker with it when I run out of parts and stuff. I set everything today with 3m 5200, man thats some agrivating stuff to work with, but its suppose to be good, we'll see.

Front livewell goodies
DSC01727.JPG

Floor and console in their final resting place.
DSC01728.JPG

Thru-hull fittings
DSC01729.JPG

Bilge pump and aerator
DSC01730.JPG

Motor bracket primed
DSC01733.JPG

Latest posts