1997 18ft Klamath.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deno

Reaction score
Hi I’m new here just want to say hi and show my boat ..I'm restoring a 1997 18ft CC Klamath. I just bought her, with gas prices up I can’t afford to run the big boat as often as I want.. The deck is rotted out but over all she’s in good shape, no holes or cracks.. More pics and reports to follow.. Deno

Attachments

• Klamath2.jpg
    Klamath2.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 1,648
  • Klamath5.jpg
    Klamath5.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 1,639
  • Klamath4.jpg
    Klamath4.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 1,638
  • 18%20Klamath%20CC%20004.jpg
    18%20Klamath%20CC%20004.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 1,666
Nice boat.I never seen that brand.I'm surprised it takes so little power to push it.Have you had it on the water?Does she plane with 40HP?Looks like a great project.

ben2go said:
Nice boat.I never seen that brand.I'm surprised it takes so little power to push it.Have you had it on the water?Does she plane with 40HP?Looks like a great project.

I just got it not to long ago, no I’ve never had it on the water but cant wait.. They are made here in California. I’m going to run this 40 till I save for a four stroke 50, either Honda or Yamaha..

I want it mostly for lake and bay fishing and runs to our local Islands by myself or maybe one more, the Islands are about 16 miles offshore.. They get about 5 miles to the gallon, my wellcraft gets about 2 miles to the gallon.. I cant wait to fish her.. Deno
https://www.klamathboats.com

Deno said:
ben2go said:

I just got it not to long ago, no I’ve never had it on the water but cant wait.. There made here in California. I’m going to run this 40 till I save for a four stroke 50, either Honda or Yamaha..

I want it mostly for lake and bay fishing and runs to our local Islands by myself or maybe one more, the Islands are about 16 miles offshore.. They get about 5 miles to the gallon, my wellcraft gets about 2 miles to the gallon.. I cant wait to fish her.. Deno
https://www.klamathboats.com

Cool.

Deno said:
ben2go said:

I just got it not to long ago, no I’ve never had it on the water but cant wait.. They are made here in California. I’m going to run this 40 till I save for a four stroke 50, either Honda or Yamaha..

https://boatkinds.com/klamath-boats-for-sale/

Based out of California, the Klamath fishing boats are constructed with an ... is including a tie down kit free with every Carver boat cover purchase.

Deno said:
ben2go said:

It looks like you have a 3 cylinder Mercury. That is 1 of the best small outboards ever made. Great longevity. Great power. And if you still want more, a carb, intake and reed swap will get you to (or past) 60. Those year model Mercs in 40, 50, and 60 hp were the exact same engine. Just different carbs, intake and reed stop. And they sound like a race car idling. (My favorite thing about them.

I had a 40 tiller on a 16’ Tracker Mod V. By myself it would run low to mid 30s. But it was so light in the front (even with 2 batteries and 2 18# anchors) that I couldn’t play with the trim much before it started porpoising. Add 400 pounds of friends to the front half, and I could trim it up and run mid 40s. I loved that boat/motor combo. And still hate the guy that decided to run the stop sign and t-bone it while I was driving 55 down the high way.

Wyman

Latest posts