1st striper (ever)

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shamoo

Reaction score
I'm pretty stoked, a friend called me up and wanted to know if I wanted to do a little striper fishing, i jumped on it, I caught 4 between 32-41 inches plus 3 catfish heavest being 7 1/2 lbs, not too shabby for a first timer, heres some pics with more to follow
shamoo294.jpg

shamoo295.jpg

shamoo297.jpg

shamoo296.jpg

shamoo298.jpg

Jim said:
nice job moo! Night and day when it comes to bass fishing right?
You got that right Mr. Jim, UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!!! They were def. on, we caught and released 11, we had friends in another boat that had 12, they stayed when we left at slack tied. We fished from 5 pm to 11 pm. :mrgreen:

Very nice Mr. 'moo !!! 8) My first was somewhat shorter than yours (12" :roll:) and I'm still waitin' for one of those "schoolies" to grab my line.

You probably couldn't have picked a better evening for the trip. Especially given the weather this spring. :(

Captain Ahab said:
Nice job Mr. Moo

They are about as much fun as there is

Shark River is calling us!
Thanks Capt. I had no idea how much fun they are to catch, from their head shakes to their mighty runs, UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!

DocWatson said:
Very nice Mr. 'moo !!! 8) My first was somewhat shorter than yours (12" :roll:) and I'm still waitin' for one of those "schoolies" to grab my line.

You probably couldn't have picked a better evening for the trip. Especially given the weather this spring. :(
Thanks Doc.

Wait till you get one of those bad boyz its amazing how much power they have, Good luck on your quest for the "big one"

Congrats Mr. Moo! Those look awesome.

Those pics get me beyond excited. Going on my first ever striper fishing trip this coming Saturday and can't wait to get one of those tanks on my line.

It seems I miss the run every spring and this year is no exception lol. Great pics! It helps to fish vicarously through others.

poolie said:
Congrats Mr. Moo! Those look awesome.

Those pics get me beyond excited. Going on my first ever striper fishing trip this coming Saturday and can't wait to get one of those tanks on my line.

GOOD LUCK! Take pictures!

Way to go Mr. Moo. I knew you would do good last night and i told you that you would get the Striper fever :LOL2: =D> =D> =D>

Nice Job, send all your bass gear my way and upgrade to striper sized gear. All it takes it one striper and you are hooked. I have been getting less sleep than ever since march due to those striped punks.....well since last year this time anyways. I wouldn't have it any other way though.