2-13-11 Memphis, TN

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ictalurus

Reaction score
Hit Herb Parsons Lake on Sunday. Not much luck as the lake bait shop was still closed for the season and the nearby gas station hadn't updated it's crawler supply since last october. Caught one small crappie trolling rapala's in 8'-12'. Air temp approx. 60, water temp 41 and very windy. Still nice to get the boat out.

Man i feel ya!!! I logged in about 6 hours on Glenn springs Sunday and not so much as a bite. The wind was horrible!!! Shoulda been a small craft advisory out there. I usually do pretty good in the wind with a spinnerbait, but no luck at all. I fished all day saturday too, with the same results :( Gonna take off work friday and see what happens... I havent caught a fish since Christmas Eve!! Its killin' me!

We need to get out to Parsons.. How far of a drive is it from millington?

I also have another question for ya. Is there any place around here that I can take my boat out and open it up? My Evinrude really needs the piss run out of it.. This no wake junk isnt helping any. Sometimes you gotta feed a little speed to your ride to blow out the gunk, and Glenn Spings isnt the place to do it(learned that the hard way).

nathanielrthomas said:
We need to get out to Parsons.. How far of a drive is it from millington?

I also have another question for ya. Is there any place around here that I can take my boat out and open it up? My Evinrude really needs the piss run out of it.. This no wake junk isnt helping any. Sometimes you gotta feed a little speed to your ride to blow out the gunk, and Glenn Spings isnt the place to do it(learned that the hard way).

Herb Parsons is now easily accessable from Millington via the new outer loop (Paul Barrett Pkwy), just hop on it and get off at macon Rd, you're about two mile from the lake. And I definetly hear you on the 5 MPH, I put a 20 HP on my boat this spring and it's killing me not to open it up at the lake. Lakeview (also called Horn lake) is just across the border in MS, we are going there on the 21st to try to load up on some early Crappie. I've never been there, but have been told it's about 15 minutes from downtown, plenty big enough to open your motor up. I also run the hatchie river in the spring, beautiful scenery and there is a launch up Hwy 51. Big weekend with the boat show in town and the weather warming up, gotta cram in both!

I've added some google maps, they expand to legible size when I click the magnifier.

Attachments

• HP Lake.jpg
    HP Lake.jpg
    175.6 KB · Views: 154
  • Lakeview.jpg
    Lakeview.jpg
    182 KB · Views: 154
  • Horn_Lake[1].jpg
    Horn_Lake[1].jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 154
nathanielrthomas said:
Sometimes you gotta feed a little speed to your ride to blow out the gunk, and Glenn Spings isnt the place to do it(learned that the hard way).

Forgot to ask, TWRA or massive stump submerged about 4" below the waterline? I start to pucker just a tad when i think about those stumps at Glenn Springs.

Ictalurus said:
nathanielrthomas said:
Sometimes you gotta feed a little speed to your ride to blow out the gunk, and Glenn Spings isnt the place to do it(learned that the hard way).

Forgot to ask, TWRA or massive stump submerged about 4" below the waterline? I start to pucker just a tad when i think about those stumps at Glenn Springs.

Stumps :twisted: I tend to knock the piss outta them. I ripped my trolling motor off last year while in high :LOL2: It was only hanging by the power cord. The stumps dont really hurt anything as long as your motor isnt in the lock position, but it is a rather uncomfortable feeling running over one. Ive never hit one going any faster than 5mph tho :---) :LOL2:

Thaks for the info. Im outta town this weekend for the Jamey Johnson/Kid Rock concert in birmingham. You gonna get out next weekend? Weather should be about right by then. Im gonna hit up glenn springs again this friday.

nathanielrthomas said:
You gonna get out next weekend? Weather should be about right by then. Im gonna hit up glenn springs again this friday.

Yeah, with the weather starting to turn for the better I'll be out fishing. May even try out Glenn Springs and see if my luck improves there.