2-bank charger question

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

basshawg

Reaction score
i'm new to the site been looking around for months but i wanted to be a part of this super site love it guys. members are so helpful to newbies i;m trying to mod a 1436 but anyways, i have two batteries wired in parallel( I think that's what you call it two batts. still 12v) can i buy a two bank charger and charge them still hooked together or do i need to un wire them while the charger is charging them, i am only wondering because i was told you need to charge the batts separate hope this makes sense thank you ahead

Welcome to the site.
I don't have the anwer for your question,sorry.
I know if you were to leave them together it would take twice as long to charge(same type,age,amp,etc.),with a single charger.
I thinking for don't have to un-hook,I'm interested in the answer as well.

basshawg said:
i'm new to the site been looking around for months but i wanted to be a part of this super site love it guys. members are so helpful to newbies i;m trying to mod a 1436 but anyways, i have two batteries wired in parallel( I think that's what you call it two batts. still 12v) can i buy a two bank charger and charge them still hooked together or do i need to un wire them while the charger is charging them, i am only wondering because i was told you need to charge the batts separate hope this makes sense thank you ahead

No, don't do anything but hook Red to Pos & Black to Neg as usual with your 2 Bank,,,,,,,, I have 3 batteries and 2 are parallel to make 24volts for my Minn Kota 80# Fortrex. I installed a DualPro 3 Bank & you make your normal Pos/Neg connections on each battery from your charger.
DSC01226.jpg

DSC01223.jpg

My new Tinboat;;;;;;
DSC01239.jpg

if you are trying to get 24 volts you need to hook them up in series parallel will give you 12 volts

no I want 12 volts just checking to be sure i don't need to unhook them from each other before charging

Latest posts