2 Billion Pixel Image of Everest

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
parkerdog said:
JMichael said:
I'm not sure what you're seeing that looks like a lake, but since this is summer time, and it's perpetual snow, I doubt that there is much in the way of liquid up there.

Just above the tents there is a round depression that looks like it has some flat (as in frozen water) ice in it. But I think I need to get my joke sign out too because I wasn't serious. lol

made a visual aid
Well the joke is working now, because even though I've found one large spread out group of tents in the snow, and another group of tents and wood buildings, I still can't find the group of tents you were looking at. LoL

JMichael said:
parkerdog said:
JMichael said:
I'm not sure what you're seeing that looks like a lake, but since this is summer time, and it's perpetual snow, I doubt that there is much in the way of liquid up there.

Just above the tents there is a round depression that looks like it has some flat (as in frozen water) ice in it. But I think I need to get my joke sign out too because I wasn't serious. lol

made a visual aid
Well the joke is working now, because even though I've found one large spread out group of tents in the snow, and another group of tents and wood buildings, I still can't find the group of tents you were looking at. LoL

Seriously? They are to the left of the glacier all the way to the top of the line is where I got the pic I posted. At the very bottom of the glacier tip there is another depression that has icicles (sp)? running into it so there has been liquid at some point.

Oh crap! I was so busy looking at the group of tents and line of people that are half way up the mountain, I didn't even think to look at the area that close to the camera. LoL In searching for your "lake", I did find the 2 and 3 story stone buildings that were new to me also. haha

JMichael said:
Oh crap! I was so busy looking at the group of tents and line of people that are half way up the mountain, I didn't even think to look at the area that close to the camera. LoL In searching for your "lake", I did find the 2 and 3 story stone buildings that were new to me also. haha

This is like a wheres Waldo, because I'm going to have to go back and look for the people halfway up the mountain! lol

Haha, see the V formed by the 2 peeks, (where the glacier originates from) look in the snow on the left side of that V. You'll see a line of people walking on the snow and some strung out as they climb higher and higher to a few different groups of tents.

JMichael said:
Haha, see the V formed by the 2 peeks, (where the glacier originates from) look in the snow on the left side of that V. You'll see a line of people walking on the snow and some strung out as they climb higher and higher to a few different groups of tents.

You're right....there are several groups of people in there. (no joke)

Thats cool, but not for me!! LOL
Be nice to see it from a distance, but no desire to be there.