2 New PB's

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BensalemAngler

Reaction score
My fishing life is a bit odd. Most days I cannot go or if I do it is last minute for about an hour. Between a sick wife and a young son I very rarely go out by myself. Usally they are with me so needless to say I get very little fishing done myself. But this weekend my son had a birthday party to go to and my wife had her pain meds so I took this opportunity to get out myself for 2 and a half hours.

I caught 10 LM which is my new record for a one day catch, even when I fished BFL fishing for 8 hours. I went to a place what I like to call Esquire's Pond. The place was packed but everyone was fishing in the wrong spots. So I got my sweet spot all to myself. I had 5 fish in the first 30 minutes, and 5 more in the next 1 and a half.

The biggest one is the one showed below. It is by far the biggest LM i have even caught, especially from land. It is even bigger than the last time I fished with Iaconelli. This is the best pic I could take with my cell phone i have others but this one shows the size of it next to my head.

This is the same fish my wife caught 2 weeks ago but could not land it. The fish were aggressive so I let them take the plastic and waited for them to swim off then set the hook. It took some patience to do this but I lost no fish. When this one bite I did the same thing. I set the hook and all i felt was a thump. I thought I set the hook in to a log, I held the rod next to me cursing about waiting too long then I saw my line darting back and forth. So I started to reel. And well the rest is history.

I used a Tungsten Shakyhead 3/16 with a Zoom "Senko" like green worm off a bush in the middle of a channel.

Attachments

• BigLand1.jpg
    BigLand1.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 228
Great Job! Now stay the heck off my pond :lol: :lol:

That is a great spot where you caught that - I caught a huge one in the same spot last month.

Speak well of me to the bass

congrats on your biggest. I took care of my mom alot when she was sick and I know what ya mean by not having much time to do anything. I hope she gets well soon!

BAngler,
Were you under the bridge? I think I came up and said HI to you??? I was with my Girlfriend and her son, we were the ones dominating the sunnies!! Maybe it was someone else but now that I think about it it might have been you??

Leibs16 said:
BAngler,
Were you under the bridge? I think I came up and said HI to you??? I was with my Girlfriend and her son, we were the ones dominating the sunnies!! Maybe it was someone else but now that I think about it it might have been you??
Leibs

That was me, and its funny I thought I recognized you from either here or epfr.net. And yes her son was owning the sunnies. It was like almost every other cast he had a fish on.

PS Nice to meet you.....

Yeah well I've been training him for the past year. He's about 8/10 on casting, with the two still going in the opposite direction or up on land but for the most part he is doing well. I wasn't able to get my bass on while we were there cause I was constantly taking fish off of their lines. Anyway, its nice to know that everyone fishes Dave's secret ponds!!!!

Nicely done!

I know what you mean about squeezing it in but your schedule makes mine seem wide open.

BensalemAngler said:
It is even bigger than the last time I fished with Iaconelli..

more info please :D

Nickk said:
Nicely done!

I know what you mean about squeezing it in but your schedule makes mine seem wide open.

BensalemAngler said:
It is even bigger than the last time I fished with Iaconelli..

more info please :D

I won a contest to go fishing with him in Nov 2006. We have stayed pretty close since then, we realized we grew up 2 blocks from each other and had many of the same friends. When he won angler of the year he had a party and he invited me, when I went it was like a Runnemede get together. So we still chat and do some "non pressure" fishing together.

Leibs16 said:
Yeah well I've been training him for the past year. He's about 8/10 on casting, with the two still going in the opposite direction or up on land but for the most part he is doing well. !!!!

How old is he, when first stepped up to the bank and casted out he looked like a pro. I have a 4 year old and he casts great when he got a jig tied on and thing lighter gets to be hairy.

I had my daughter fishing a beetle spin with a fly trailer when she was 5 for potato chip sized bluegills, works well, I made sure she was careful of the hooks since it's a double rig.