2006 mercury 15hp Spark issue

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

weimed

Reaction score
Hi all. Have a 2006 merc 15hp 4stroke. Got stuck on the water.
Symptoms: keeps shutting down after 10-15 seconds when bring throttle down to idle. When you start it, it starts at a really high rpm. Sounds like i sam starting it with half throttle open then when i go to lower the throttle it cuts out.

Checked and purchased a new gas line and bulb, Opened the carb and it looks brand new inside. Check the fuel pump and also looks new. Took off and cleaned the gas filter.
Issue found: Coil is showing low yellow spark
Changed out the coil still no fix. Can it be anything else other then the CDI? because if not i will order 1 now.

Thanks in advance for your help!

:WELCOME: Aboard!
I hope you find this site as interesting and helpful as I. Everyone on here is friendly and eager to share their knowledge.

Check the low oil sensor before you start ordering parts. That can cause low rpm's and shut off.

I'm sure there will be others along to help you even more. There are guys on here that are geniuses on electronics.

Good job at eliminating the fuel lines first. =D>

Sorry I could not be of much help. I'm sure others will be along to help you with good strong, sound advice and knowledge.

I'll be watching! 8)
M
Tyler, Texas

Latest posts