2006 Tracker Grizzly 1448 Livewell install & Mods

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will take a good pic of my drain fitting and post it. I would say i left about 1/16" of a lip on the thru hull fitting for the drain. Just enough to bite the edge of the tank to hold it in place. It took some fine filing on the tank hole to get my fitting bottomed out, but it worked well. I would say there may be 1/16" water at the most in it after I drain. Barely enough to cover the bottom of the tank. I am going to get a small squeege to help take care of that. I used JB marine weld and just put a small bead around the fitting before I secured it. It doesnt leak a drop. Keep in mind, if you use the nut for the drain fitting it will be down around 1/2" or so lower than the bottom of the tank.

I just used a grinder to grind down to where there was about 1/16" left on the lip, looking at the fitting from the barb side. Then I drilled the hole in the tank to where I had about 1/8" left from the bottom, and used a file to ream the hole out so the fitting would fit flush against the bottom of the tank.