• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toTinBoats.net and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

2015 Malibu Stealth 9 ft. SOT kayak Only 42 lbs.! $415.00

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

richg99

Reaction score
2015 Malibu Stealth 9 ft. Sit On Top kayak Only 42 lbs.!

At age 77, I’ve decided my kayaking days are over.
This kayak was only used 5 or 10 times since I bought
it new. It is very stable and easily supported my 255 lbs.
I bought it because it fit inside of my van for easy transport. The length is great for streams and lakes. Great storage hatches for fishing. Kayak is located near Crossville, TN 38558

Mango color; Aquabound Carbon paddle;
Crack of the Dawn Seat; Bruce anchor;
chain anchor with dog leash rewinder;’
DIY kayak cart; DIY stick anchor; Drift Chute;
NRS paddle float. Built in rod holders; Adjustable pedals.
All of those items new would cost $1,000.00
Entire package $415.00 or best offer.

I bought the yak in 2015 marked “Blemish”. I never
could find any marks other than discoloration near
The bow.

richg99

Attachments

• IMG_20170607_182003 reduced.jpg
    IMG_20170607_182003 reduced.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 3,376
richg99 said:
Ha ha. I did have, on another site, someone who wanted to know if I ever made a trip to Florida.

Rich

Hi Rich,
It was prob one of the TKF members I'm guessing. It's too bad you are giving up the kayak. At 66 I'm going to do the opposite. I've decided to get rid of the boat and focus on the kayak. I got a trailer this year cause I'm too old to keep lifting the thing on top of my car but otherwise it's still working for me. Where I fish is already so thick with milfoil that it's almost impossible to get a boat w/motor in. And the kayak is quiet so I get to see more wildlife, etc. I fish topwater so I don't need something for trolling and am generally a fair weather fisherman anyway. No breakers to get beyond in MN so I'm golden.

Oh, I agree with all of the wonders of using a kayak to get back to the quiet. And, they are VERY effective at catching, given the fish don't even know that you are ten feet away. Amazing.

What I am going to, for my Texas Flats Fishing, is buy something like an LT25 Gheenoe. Gheenoe makes boats from 13 feet up to 16 feet. There are all sorts of skinny water, low-Powered (20 hp or so) choices from many manufacturers. Think of a powered, somewhat larger, yak.

Unfortunately, most of those boats are NOT in Texas. After I deal with my current knee problem (which might take a few months), I'll find what I want and drive to get it.

I had one knee replaced a few years ago. The other is on its way out. In fact, I am using a cane to get around right now. Bending, stooping, lifting my big butt in and out of a yak has stopped being fun anymore. Stepping into a flats skiff and standing/sitting upright while fishing will bring back the thrill, I am sure.

Getting a trailer for your yak was a very wise choice!

richg99

I trailer my nucanoes I hate trying to get them on top of suv, van, or car roof and I'm 28 and in good shape. Heck I floated/paddled a stretch of river this weekend that most the time I just run my boat up with a outboard jet. Decided to break out the nucanoes cause I had time for once to float the 6 mile stretch on sunday. Reminded me why I tend to use my boat a bit more on said river. I can put the boat in at a ramp and get to fishing a whole lot faster than I can by the time I drag three yaks down the side of the road under a bridge for the start point access and float down stream to one of the ramps. I love to paddle but seemed like I spent as much time trying to keep in position to make a few cast as I did casting/fishing current and the wind especially yesterday made it kind of hard. It was still very enjoyable but the boat for me is easier just stick it in run up a ways fish maybe run to another area fish, go back pull it out. Don't have to load and unload fishing gear in it each time it can stay in it, so I spend less time just getting things ready to go out. Don't get me wrong I love paddling and enjoy when I have the time or for places I can't put my boat, but the boat is easier, and I get more fishing time in with the boat it seems rather than loading, unloading, paddle make cast, paddle more to avoid drifting into something after making one cast. I have found my nucanoes mostly get used now for rivers I can't run my boat up which isn't many, and small lakes that have hp or electric only restrictions. I wouldn't give up having my nucanoes or something that I can paddle I can understand why rich might.

I trailer my nucanoes ...Smart...

cause I had time for once...time, we all need more!...

a whole lot faster than I can by the time I drag three yaks down the side of the road under a bridge for the start point access and float down stream to one of the ramps. ...I only had to deal with one yak, but I feel your pain.

trying to keep in position to make a few cast as I did casting/fishing current That is one reason why I added a rudder right away, and then later added a "Pudding Stick" https://paddling.com/learn/the-shape-of-one-hand-paddling/

Don't have to load and unload fishing gear in it each time it can stay in it, ...I was lucky in that I could trailer my yak with most of my gear on board, and I could leave the gear on the yak in the boat barn. Saved a ton of time.

Kayaks are great. Boats are great. Just getting on the water in some fashion is GREAT.

I miss it already. richg99

I'll stop after this as this is the buy sell trade page not discussion, but good points rich if only we could produce more time one thing we can't buy more of. Rich your a good ways away from me but I'm pretty tore up about smallmouth fishing rivers you have some pretty good ones around you in tennessee if your still in those parts maybe a meet up to float one of them is in order. I hauled down three nucanoes cause when I float rivers there is at least two so someone else can go along so I have a shuttle vehicle granted my friends help get them launched or pulled out where ever if they come along, but it's still work. Still very enjoyable to kayak I need to put an anchor trolley on mine.

Not sure why every time Rich mentions a boat we have a good one in AZ. Just check out the motor on this gem! https://flagstaff.craigslist.org/boa/6140092293.html

That is a pretty good buy. It is actually one of the models that I considered, and am still considering.

If you will pick it up and trailer it to Houston in about two weeks (when I will arrive there)...then I may have to give the guy a call. Ha Ha

The 13 footer would get one wayyyy back up on the redfish flats here. Depths might only be 5 inches or less, and the redfish like that.

So, let me know when you can pick it up.

rich