2015 Suzuki DF30ATL Purchase Notes

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The plot thickens . . .

Someone named Edward Long at 61 Tuas Ave 1, Singapore sends me his card and the following email after I sent him the above photograph . . .

Dear Sir,
I am definitely not the same Edward in the photo. This is a scam using my company address and photo to cheat people of money. We do not sell Suzuki outboards.
Please be careful.
Regards,
Edward Long
Five Aluminium Boat & Engineering Pte Ltd
61 Tuas Ave 1
Singapore 639506

Attachments

• EDWARD_long.jpg
    EDWARD_long.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 1,235
  • 61TuasAve1.jpg
    61TuasAve1.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 1,234
DaleH said:
PATRIOT said:
My first question would be . . . why wouldn't Suzuki honor a warranty on a new motor with their name on it?
They will ... but they didn't say WHEN ...

Seriously, we have a Honda dealer near me that if you didn't buy the OB from him ... you'll wait in line for MONTHS. He never says it that way, of course, but if you needed service in the Spring he'd say "Sure, park it over there and once I get all my regular customers done, I'll get right on it."

Have also had a Suzuki dealer question a friend of mine when he needed service done. He 'lied' and said it came on the boat he just bought , so they took it in. Then they read off from the warranty system that he purchased it new from some on-line site ... and let's just say he finally got it fixed. But it co$t him some extra $$$ and took weeks to almost 2-months to get it, not the days to maybe 2-weeks tops it should have taken ...

[Edit:] Warranty may NOT have to be honored if ex-US purchase, believe FTC laws might be reason. To prospective Buyers - caveat emptor!

That is really messed up. Not good bussiness at all!!!

The latest exchange with Universal Outboard dot com (and again as with so many scams, God gets brought into the mix):

Edward,
Here are reasons why I believe Universal Outboards Dot Com is a scam:
1) No real company posts pictures of shipping boxes with address labels attached as proof of shipments . . . this is no proof
2) No real company posts alleged third-party verification of its store and does not name the third-party . . . this is no proof
3) No real company expects customers to bank transfer funds to a company employee bank account
4) No real company posts numerous photos of a showroom full of outboards and then cannot prove where or if the showroom exists
5) No real company posts the GoDaddy verification logo when it is not a GoDaddy client
In summary, no legitimate company has to do any of these things and when they do it raises many red flags.

Regards,
Potential Customer

Potential Customer,
Our main priority is honesty to customers. We have many customers in the
United States or in Europe. We are the largest supplier in Singapore
that is why we use the method of payment via wire transfer we are not
retailers. If you feel you have been deceived by our company please
provide evidence of such fraud. You have defiled the name of our company
and we will report you to the FBI internationally because it has defamed
our company.

God bless you.
Thank you.
Best Regards,
Edward

FREE OUTBOARDS . . . you saw it here first!

Thought I'd share the latest exchange . . . I can't make this stuff up!

Edward,
LOL . . . keep God out of it, but you are welcome to contact the FBI (there is no such thing as International FBI)
Better yet, why don't you contact GoDaddy and tell them you want to open an account since you are illegally using their logo?
You are welcome to send me an outboard motor C.O.D. and I'll gladly pay the shipper for it.
See you in church . . .
Regards,
Peter

P.S.
You still haven't shown me your store front in Singapore, if it exists.

Peter,
You poor people do not have money. Please come to our warehouse and our
company will provide outboard motors to you for free.
Edward Long
PRESIDENT OF
https://WWW.UNIVERSALOUTBOARD.COM