2019 Yam 25 2 stroke question

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fyr4efect

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what the weight of a new Yam25 2 stroke, manual start,15", tiller is? Yamahaoutboard site says 126lb. I heard the manual says 106lb. Not having access to a manual.

Thx in advance

I found a manual and it says 106 lb for the 25MHS. Is that a remote or tiller? Don't know what the H stands for.

nccatfisher said:
I am not sure but I don't they they any longer import two strokes into the US.

That would make sense as every yam site I have seen says their 25hp weighs 126lb. You would figure they would be touting the 106lb that is in their manual also.

Thx

The 2019 USA model is a 4 stroke. I have one and actually weighed it on a digital scale. 15", electric start, no PT&T. Weighs 130.5 lbs with oil in it. I had a 2 stroke model (2007) and it was 114.0 lb. Same motor, manual tilt electric start 15". Both weighed with factory installed 11 1/4" prop.

Yamaha's website says 126-143lb. Depends on the configuration. PT&T models long shaft tiller steer are the heaviest.

EDIT: a 2 stroke is still available in Australia. But it is not legal to be sold here in the USA, and no yamaha dealer will service it either per yamaha dealer agreement. I ran into that issue last year with an E40 which is a lightweight 40hp outboard that's sold everywhere but the USA. Guy had it imported from Cuba to Florida, then bought it up here to use it on a duck boat.

turbotodd said:
The 2019 USA model is a 4 stroke. I have one and actually weighed it on a digital scale. 15", electric start, no PT&T. Weighs 130.5 lbs with oil in it. I had a 2 stroke model (2007) and it was 114.0 lb. Same motor, manual tilt electric start 15". Both weighed with factory installed 11 1/4" prop.

Yamaha's website says 126-143lb. Depends on the configuration. PT&T models long shaft tiller steer are the heaviest.

EDIT: a 2 stroke is still available in Australia. But it is not legal to be sold here in the USA, and no yamaha dealer will service it either per yamaha dealer agreement. I ran into that issue last year with an E40 which is a lightweight 40hp outboard that's sold everywhere but the USA. Guy had it imported from Cuba to Florida, then bought it up here to use it on a duck boat.

What kinda weight are you pushing, what #'s are you getting? Thx

Around 900 lbs hull, gear, and myself (trolling motor, outboard, battery, wiring, tackle, 4 rod/reel, bait, anchor, etc). 1548 War Eagle. Right at 30mph with the stock factory install prop, right at 6100 RPM max. Depending on the water conditions, it can sometimes see 31mph but normally 29.5-30 on GPS, if it's accurate. It has seen 38mph by cheating though (going down river in a swift current).

turbotodd said:
Around 900 lbs hull, gear, and myself (trolling motor, outboard, battery, wiring, tackle, 4 rod/reel, bait, anchor, etc). 1548 War Eagle. Right at 30mph with the stock factory install prop, right at 6100 RPM max. Depending on the water conditions, it can sometimes see 31mph but normally 29.5-30 on GPS, if it's accurate. It has seen 38mph by cheating though (going down river in a swift current).[/quote.

You gotta be happy with that. Thx for the info.

Latest posts