24V System

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rachbra

Reaction score
So I bowfish at night and run a 74lb thrust bow mounted minn kota on my 1648 mv jon boat. I was wondering if placing my batteries in series for the 24v system will increase my AH at all. Both my batteries are 100AH group 31 marine batteries. I want to be able to run my tm for at least 8 hours if possible. Generally its on a low setting and not using max draw. For most charts half power for this tm is 25 AH. I believe my tm has 10 settings going from 1-10 and i sit at 3-4 generally. Which would mean I should only get about 4 hours of run time correct? Assuming series does not increase AH.

Thanks in advance!

Wiring in series will add voltages (e.g. two 12-V batteries wired in series produce 24-V),but does not change capacity (AH). If you have multiple 24-V batteries, wiring them in parallel will add amperage (e.g. two 24-V batteries rated for 100-AH wired in parallel would produce 24-V and have a new capacity of 200-AH). I have an inverter on my houseboat that has a bank of six 6-V batteries with pairs of batteries wired in series to produce 12-V and then those pairs wired in parallel to triple the Amp-Hours. Hope that helps.

The theory is the higher the supply voltage the lower the amp draw given the same wattage usage. Thus the reason behind 12v, 24v and 36v systems being in production.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Ahh, I see. So in general i should only get about 4 hours out of the two batteries in series! Thanks a bunch was hoping somehow magic would happen and I would get to run even longer haha!

Latest posts