$25,000 JON BOAT?? Sea Ark 2072 custom order.... Am I crazy?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Country Dave said:
shootandfish1 post some pics of your new prize. =D>

OK, I need to pick a photo hosting site -- the new version of photobucket or imgur (??sp??) are 2 I've heard of most.

I'm running Mozilla firefox with a high speed connection, newer laptop with all the goodies.

Now someone please sugest which service to use for a computer challanged.

Weather has been crappie here, but I've got some pics on my iphone.

plans was to get some nic pics with DW's good camera.

shootandfish1 said:
Country Dave said:
shootandfish1 post some pics of your new prize. =D>

OK, I need to pick a photo hosting site -- the new version of photobucket or imgur (??sp??) are 2 I've heard of most.

I'm running Mozilla firefox with a high speed connection, newer laptop with all the goodies.

Now someone please sugest which service to use for a computer challanged.

Weather has been crappie here, but I've got some pics on my iphone.

plans was to get some nic pics with DW's good camera.

I load photos direct from my computer with my own directories. It works fine.

I do the same as fender(direct from computer),just be sure to resize abit.

Fred,

Glad to hear from a big guy you approve of the boat, that is great news.

Got a few other quotes this week in the $20-22k range. Sure was surprised to see the disparity in pricing from one dealer to another. Got quotes from $19-24k for a near identical package. Will be getting out to see a few boats in person this weekend as I finally have some time off from work. I actually work in Fayetteville, so a trip to AK McAllums would be easy. About an hour from home, but closest dealer to me. Several other good dealers out there it appears. Will have to see who wants to sell a boat. Would love to get a test ride on a 2072 with 90 or 115 hp to see how it rides, but that may be hard to do. Only jon boat I have ever been on was a 14' with 25 hp johnson. Somehow feel it will be a very different feeling on the 20' Sea Ark with 115.

-Dan

danattherock said:
Fred,

Glad to hear from a big guy you approve of the boat, that is great news.

Got a few other quotes this week in the $20-22k range. Sure was surprised to see the disparity in pricing from one dealer to another. Got quotes from $19-24k for a near identical package. Will be getting out to see a few boats in person this weekend as I finally have some time off from work. I actually work in Fayetteville, so a trip to AK McAllums would be easy. About an hour from home, but closest dealer to me. Several other good dealers out there it appears. Will have to see who wants to sell a boat. Would love to get a test ride on a 2072 with 90 or 115 hp to see how it rides, but that may be hard to do. Only jon boat I have ever been on was a 14' with 25 hp johnson. Somehow feel it will be a very different feeling on the 20' Sea Ark with 115.

-Dan

Dan, I waited for years to figure out what I wanted, looked at jet tunnels, tunnel prop models, then the question of outboard brands was neverending. Bottom line was that in my area big jons are non-existanted, every one wants a fiberglass bass boat.

I've also researched Marine dealers and what few I approached, well, left me with a sourtaste because I did not want thier very limited pick of middle to high end models and I felt as though I was being 'fleeced' because I wanted a basic model

I choose to get the factory floor because seaark 'levels' the threadplate across the ribs instead of just following the contour of the rib top side, which would result in an slight 'vee-notch'. As I've got bad knees and feet, a level floor is a must.

I drove over 550 mi to Fayetteville and you work in the same town!!!! I truly understand your hesitation, but remember what was said to me last fall.

"Fred, Did you ever buy a boat". I replied, "Nope, I put it off, this happened, that happend." Friend says, "Fred, another year of your life is gone".

Be sure to tell the guys at AK, that the Fat Guy from KY sent you!!!

Let me try some pics.

Will do man. Probably heading up in morning. My 40th birthday, seems like a good day to go look at boats :D

Any must have options on a Sea Ark?

-Dan

Country Dave said:
I can’t see the pics, its directing me to Google Gmail.

I've deleted that post so as to not cause any security problems with his gmail account.

Please try posting the pics again. Here's a tutorial on posting pics.

https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3664

Checking in to see if Dan had any luck.

Sorry about my pic posting ability. Truth is my pics are not the best. Tomorrow, Sat., is supposed to be nice and warmer. I want to check out some things and try to get some better pics.

and start my own thread, not meaning to hi-jack Dan's.

Thanks for the tutortial. Is Photobucket the preferred 'hosting' site. FWIW I'm running Mozilla Firefox

Didn't find time to see boats today. 4 month old son and wife took priority, but hope to see a 2072 soon. I have been reading up on Xtreme boats and emailed them last night. Got a quote today and was pleased to see the boat I am interested in is about the same price as a Sea Ark. Good to have options. I don't know much about Xtreme Industries, but the boats look amazing. The one I am interested in is .190 and would have all the options I wanted in the Sea Ark, but with more customization as it would be a custom build. Double edged sword of sorts, all these boat choices. Makes it very hard to buy just one.

Xtreme 18 footer from their website ...

8539882090_0911d6b7a6_z.jpg

The Sea Ark jon is a beast of a boat. I looked at the jon at our local fishing/boat show. I was considering buying the Sea Ark Stealth 210 or an Xpress X21. I decided if I was going to dump that kind of coin on a boat, I'd get a Lund. Plus I'd feel safer on Lake Michigan. I bought my dream rig, a Lund 2010 Predator. If you can talk yourself into spending the 45k you mentioned in the OP, take a look at one.

I saw the sea arc at the Boat Show in Oaks yesterday. It was awesome. I wanted one immediately. It was so unbelievably roomy and the draft is so little. If I had the cash I would do it. Well, that or a Lund Fury16 :-D

Went to AK McCallum in Fayetteville,NC today and saw a few Sea Ark 2072's. Michael showed me every boat on the lot. They had a bare hull MV2072, a 20' river cat, and a 20 tunnel 'pro'. Can't believe how big and roomy the bare hull was, and the 24' beside it, a barge. Holy cow. Got up on the 2072 pro tunnel and it wasn't as big once I was in it, but plenty of room. Feel very confident about wanting the 2072 size boat. Tons of options and different layouts. My head hurts. Will spend some time thinking about the Sea Ark and Xtreme 2072's, how it will be set up, etc.. If Sea Ark, will likely go with bare hull and add floor and console, yeti cooler, seats, and call it a day. Very roomy layout and much more affordable than one of the package boats. I can do without the storage and live wells.

-Dan

Hey Dan. I still have not been able get some decent pics. Maybe tomorrow, if the weather holds.

One point that may sway you toward the SeaArk is the higher sides, 28 inches on the outside. Make the boat more friendly for taller folks (and those of us a little unsteady). Although, I don't plan on being out in rough weather, the taller sides should be a big advantage if one gets caught out.

About storage and livewells, one the pluses of the bare bones boat is that places like Tractor Supply have an assortment of aluminum toolboxes, these along with a decent size cooler and one can rig storage and/or a livewell for very little money and to your liking. And the arrangement can easily be changed or undone.

Fred

Here's one that might interest you. Located outside Fayetteville in Godwin.
https://fayetteville.craigslist.org/boa/3667456651.html

Coach d said:
Here's one that might interest you. Located outside Fayetteville in Godwin.
https://fayetteville.craigslist.org/boa/3667456651.html

Thanks man. Certainly not against a used boat, but only if 2-4 years old. With my limited knowledge of outboards, I am skeptical to buy anything too old, especially not knowing how it was treated and maintained. The boat you linked for example, if I had to repower it with 115 Yamaha, I would have the same money invested as if buying new. However, if the motor on the boat was good and I got 5-10 years out of it, that would change things of course. A gamble of course not knowing. Thanks for the link though, it would be a good idea for me to keep my eyes open for lightly used boats.

Dan

I got some pics of my SeaArk 2072 posted in a seperate thread.

I'm brain-dead and need to set the computer down.

If anyone has a specific ? or wants a specific measurement, let me know

Fred

I have been looking at SeaArk 2072 ProTunnel and Pro Jet Tunnels too. I really want a BIG tin Jet or prop tunnel.

BUT you can also get a Rockproof RiverJett for $25,500. With all the bells and whistles. This is a .190 NO UHMW version of the RiverRocket!