2weeks 3 trips (new pics added)

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

12ftModder

Reaction score
3 trips

Total caught
81 catfish
3 softshell turtles
1 speck
1 19" Bass 3-4lb

All released

went to tenoroc on the 22nd was still getting some rain and wind from Fay. we caught 50 kitties and left soon after noon when the rain got really hard.

019.jpg

027.jpg

028.jpg

030.jpg

032.jpg

035.jpg

went to the Stickmarsh again on the 26th. wanted to check it after Fay. Water was up prolly 3+ feet and was flowing, pumps were running full blast and inflow-outflow gates were wide open. The water was very muddied up still from so much runoff. there was no fish caught. missed 1 bass and spent a few hours catfishing with no luck

053.jpg

south end of stickmarsh at the levee looking into farm13 side
water a little cleaner looking
064.jpg

067.jpg

Always a gator near in the stickmarsh
069.jpg

View of the water flow coming in the inflow gates
098.jpg

100.jpg

new shortcut over the levee that was now over 2feet under water
101.jpg

As we left we noticed there had been a fishkill in the canal that was flowing in on the other side of the gates pictured
112.jpg

a sad day when you see so many fish dead

9-10lb bass dead
115.jpg

8-9lb bass dead
117.jpg

118.jpg

Another trip to Tenoroc on the 29th we caught 31 catfish, 3 softshell turtles, 1 speck 1 bass (she caught the speck on small spinnerbait and she caught 2 of the turtles)

1st fish caught was this 19" Bass
002.jpg

1st kitty in the boat
100_1567.jpg

Some of the Bullheads I caught (aka Speckled Cat)
022.jpg

033.jpg

035-1.jpg

The 2nd softshell she caught, not the biggest I have seen but its in the top 5..
100_1570.jpg

100_1571.jpg

Look at the size of that head! I did not want that thing coming in the boat :shock:
100_1572.jpg

we had a smaller softshell that showed up (must have smelled them chicken livers) it hung out near the boat for 2 hrs after my friend fed it some chicken liver =D> and even started to eat a catfish we released that had swallowed the hook and was bleeding before we even got it in the boat.
100_1573.jpg

100_1575.jpg

another same size softshell also showed up and they were both eating on the kitty
040.jpg

Hope you all enjoy

Turtles and gators must be happy with the fish kill.Is that a hawk on one of your pictures(water flow/inflow gates)or a decoy and are those fish surfacing(boils).
Looks like you had a great couple days,hope the bass fishing gets better again for ya.

Zum said:
Turtles and gators must be happy with the fish kill.Is that a hawk on one of your pictures(water flow/inflow gates)or a decoy and are those fish surfacing(boils).

Dont think its a hawk, possibly a small osprey or large crow/raven. And yes those are fish busting the surface. But they wouldnt bite anything.

Latest posts