4-6-08 Cherokee Lake Report

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whj812

Reaction score
I went to Cherokee this Morning and fished from 7:45am til 1:00pm. Got on the water and temps were 55 by 1 pm they were up to 59. I threw a bit of everything at them. Cranks, jigs, worms, spinnerbaits, jerkbaits....

All fish were caught shallow in 5 feet of water or less on Crankbaits. I think that this weather has them spooked or something.

Here is my trip log.
https://www.MyDailyFishingLog.com/r_tripemail.asp?t=3761&u=whj812

slim357 said:
Nice report by the color of the large mouth it doesnt look like they have been shallow long.

Its been tough finding fish the past few weeks. I think they are still in a transition period, from deep to shallow.

It has been really tough lately I think for everyone. I am still trying to adjust from my winter patterns to my slighty warmer spring tactics. The spots that were producing for me a month or 2 ago, are absolutly dead now. It's time for a few skunkings figuring out were the fish are at this time of year.

whj812 said:
slim357 said:
Nice report by the color of the large mouth it doesnt look like they have been shallow long.

Its been tough finding fish the past few weeks. I think they are still in a transition period, from deep to shallow.

Have you been getting rain? that could have murked up the water and moved the fish shallower, but it is also gettin to be that time of year.

Latest posts