6-13-08 Yatesville Lake, KY

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cyberflexx

Reaction score
Time: 7:30am - 3:30pm
Date: 6-13-08
Rig : 2004 Ranger 519vx Cup Edition - 200hp Mercury EFI
Rods: St Croix 7 foot Crank Bait Rod and Shimano Calcutta 150 reel
St Croix 6.6 foot Med Hvy Rod and a Shimano Calcutta 200 reel
St. Croix 6.6 foot Med Hvy Rod and a Shimano Curado 200 SF reel
G-Loomis 7.0 foot Med Hvy Rod and a Shimano Calcutta 150 reel
Line: PLine Floroclear 12 LB, 10LB and Cajun Redline 12lb and 14lb
Hooks: Eagle Claw Weedless, Mustad Trebles on the crankys, and VMC

I hit the water with my friend Gary at approx 7:30am. The weather was cloudy and about 75 degrees and it looked like it was going to rain, ( yeah! ). Water temp at the marina was 81 ( wow).

1st spot we hit was Greenbrier Creek and went into the no wake zone at the head end. Water was dingy, maybe 6inch viz. I started throwing a buzzbait, my friend threw a small chatterbait, nothing was caught in 20 min. I then went wacky rig with a split ring setup weightless with a manns hardnose senko wanna be in a watermelon red flake ( my go to color) and a little of some Mega Strike ( thanks to the user that i forgot his name, that told me of this stuff) after about 4 casts I started getting hits and I missed a 3lb largmouth off a stump because I did a wimp hookset. ( blah!) I caught 2 keepers a tad over 15inch and 3 dinks. Gary had a goose-egg because he wouldnt throw what I was using.

Next stop we went into Little Blain and fished a spot I call 'coal bank' and I caught a 4lb carp on a crankbait, and 3 dinks on the same cranky. Gary caught 3 dinks on a Pop-R, water was clearer than greenbriar and 79 degrees.

Last place we went was the mouth of Daniels Branch and I didnt catch anything there and Gary caught a red eye rock bass on that Pop-R and a dink on the senko worm.

It was a nice day to fish other than the local tourny going on and all the guys in it, think you are in the tourny too and cut you off and is just rude. It did not rain, but it was cloudy all day with some annoying wind.

** All fish caught were released back to be caught again.

Yeah, We had a good day, anyday on the lake is good!..

ANd yes, I did see a difference with the Mega Strike and without. Seemed like 2 casts after I added more MS to the worm, I started getting more hits, even though some were bluegills. I fished a senko wanna be worm without it, and got nothing at all.. Put Megastrike on it, I started getting hits.. I know I missed some bass because I was watching Gary's Pop-r and I wanted to see a bass blow up on it. :lol: and wasnt paying alot of attention to my own line.. LOL!!!

Great report!

I keep on hearing good things about that Megastrike, Might have to pick some up.

My usual bass repellent is living up to its given name. :mrgreen:

Latest posts