7.5 merc will it work good on my 14'

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would love to get into crabbing, got to find a spot on the web to learn how to do it, the inner coastal looks like it has blue crabs and stone.

If it runs good, I can't see where you will go wrong at $75. If nothing else it would do until you could get something larger. I run a 9.9 on my 14' and I have pretty much weight in it with the flooring and other stuff. It's by far no speed demon but surely better than only the trolling motor and better than nothing. I'd guess you would be able to get your money back out of it if need be.

LarryA said:
I'd guess you would be able to get your money back out of it if need be.
Well I missed out on this one as I was at work when I found it, Called the guy and he would not hold it for me as he had more phone calls than he could handle, So I am looking now again for a motor. Need to sell some of my Mac and Snap-on air tools that I no longer use and save up the cash then I will find one that I can't live without. Thanks all for your input.. [-o< for something to happen...

JustMel said:
I would love to get into crabbing, got to find a spot on the web to learn how to do it, the inner coastal looks like it has blue crabs and stone.
Hi JustME Where are you at? There are a lot of sites on line that are for crabbing when I get some time I will see if I can find the ones I have been on.. It is new to me to as we moved here about 4.5 years ago from mid Wisconsin so our two dogs could retire in Sunny Florida HaHa! We got real sick of the winters there and thought that it was a time for change.... 8) :lol:

Catching blue crabs is easy. @ methods:
Chicken neck on a string & a long handle crab net: park your butt on a dock, bank or boat and throw out some chicken necks on strings w enough weight to get them to the bottom. Wait about 10 minutes and then slowly pull one at a time in, if there is a crab on the end, scoop him up with the net and plop him in the cooler on some ice.

Crab Traps: Buys some crab traps w/bouys & lines and a box of pogies. Bait them up & put them out. Check them once or twice a day. In Alabama you can put out up to 5/person before.

https://www.outdooralabama.com/fishing/saltwater/license/crab_rec.pdf

https://myfwc.com/RULESANDREGS/Saltwater_Regulations_recbluecrab.htm

Some other notes:
Check to make sure the area you want to crab in is legal for the technique you want to use.
Make sure the crabs are legal width.
Dont keep female w/eggs, even if it is legal. Eggs look like a spongy mass under the tail.
Dont put crabs in water, put them on ice. They will suffocate in the water once the oxygen is all gone. Dead crabs = compost.
Cold crabs are easy to handle than warm pissed off ones.

Latest posts