71' 12ft Valco Project - In progress!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jdholmes said:
Looking great. Any progress on the live well?
No I still have a few projects ahead of that. I started on boat seat mounts today, buying them is just too expensive.

I will start on jack plate this week too. Once i get on the water and verify i like the deck height, i can button everything up including deck, carpeting, livewell etc.

I heard you won Nov contest! Congrats :)

Hey everyone, I thought Id post some pictures of the progress...I got the new 15 hp motor. Took it out to Turlock reservoir and fox grove to break her in. She runs nice I can get up to 25mph with me and passenger.

This shows the bottom of the transom, I hooked 1/32 SS cable to boat plug so It never gets lost.

Here is the seat portion of the boat seat mounts I made...all stainless steel.

The new motor on.

The front of the boat, just got her registered and new CF numbers put on.

Here is the back seat...you can see my bilge pump, i ran tubing to the cable steering tube through the motor, i added an elbow on the other side for out flow. I thought that gave a nice appearance without having to drill into boat.

You can see the bottom portion of the boat seat mounts I made, all stainless. The cupholder and the hatch compartment.

Here is the hatch compartment open, I bent the hinge so it recesses into deck, I also carpeted over it. I think it came out nice. This is the style the rest of the hatches will have.

Foam is a must for me. It’s all about safety I take kids and others on my boats so any extra insurance is well worth the cost.

In my last build "Project A Little Snookered" I added a 80 LB Kit of 2 LB Density Urethane Foam (40 Cubic Feet) which provides 60 lbs of flotation per cubic ft. The cost was under 300 dollars with shipping not bad for a little piece of mind.

Just my 2 Cents

fool4fish1226 said:
Foam is a must for me. It’s all about safety I take kids and others on my boats so any extra insurance is well worth the cost.

In my last build "Project A Little Snookered" I added a 80 LB Kit of 2 LB Density Urethane Foam (40 Cubic Feet) which provides 60 lbs of flotation per cubic ft. The cost was under 300 dollars with shipping not bad for a little piece of mind.

Just my 2 Cents
Yea I have decided to do away with the livewell or move it to a different location and make it smaller, in place of foam.

Nice boat :) most of the foam i cut out of the seats im using under the decking. were it helps support and float me in case i flip. otherwise its extra weight.

Hey man. How much do you figure it would cost to make me six of those supports and send them over to Vegas?

The early valcos are rated fairly high...my 14 is rated for 20, so it would make sense his is rated at 15...plus his transom is now probably twice as strong as the original design.

sixgun86 said:
That is a really nice build. I bet that thing will move with that motor.

Clean x2. Love the transom.
Thanks man, ill have some good pictures when i finish carpeting.
CodyPomeroy said:
Is that boat really rated to handle a 15hp? My 12' is max'd at 7.5hp.
Similar boats are rated at 10hp. I did the math using a HP rating on a forum around here. It came out 15. Like JD said I beefed up the transom, if it wasnt rated at 15, it is now. Handles just fine when on the water.
Jdholmes said:
Hey man. How much do you figure it would cost to make me six of those supports and send them over to Vegas?
Hows $20 you pay shipping as well. Let me know man. Ill get some ready for you.
tsohg76 said:
Nice boat :) most of the foam i cut out of the seats im using under the decking. were it helps support and float me in case i flip. otherwise its extra weight.
Thanks! Ill get some better pictures when i finish the carpeting!

Latest posts