9-16-08 Lake Galena evening

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jkbirocz

Reaction score
I had a short day at work today so I hit the lake earlier than I normally do. I arrived around 3:30 and headed for my spot. I pounded my normal honey hole with not so much as a bite. I moved down the shoreline to the next piece of structure and continued casting. I was throwing t-rigged plastics and a crankbait through the area. I finally got a bite on a senko and landed a small bass around 13". It was around 4:30 when I caught this fish, and went without a bite until around 6:30. At this point I was getting frustrated because I was losing rigs left and right, and running out of hooks. I found a 5/0 gammy in my bag and tied it on with a 1/4oz bullet weight, and rigged it with a Gambler bacon rind. I bought the bacon rinds atleast 6 years ago and have barely fished them, and never caught anything on them. On my first cast, which was pretty short, I let the bait sink, I let it settle on the bottom for a while and all the sudden I got slammed. I set the hook and fought the fish. The fish jumped 4 times, making me almost scream each time. I quickly lipped the fish and took some pics. I tried my best to get some decent pics by myself, but they still don't do this fish justice. I did not weigh it, but if I had to guess I would say it was pushing 6lbs it was super thick. My biggest bass from Galena, and the last fish of the night. I ended the night tossing topwaters with no takers. I was also wearing my tinboats shirt, Thanks Jim

PS Dave the bigguns have found your spot =D>

first fish
91608lmgal1f.jpg

Lunker
91608lmgal2af.jpg

91608lmgal2f.jpg

Man,that is one healthy looking fish.
6 year old bait going to get more use now?:)

Awesome fish - I am so glad that all that work this spring sinking structure is paying off

Matt are you reading this?

I just noticed that Jake is wearing an Ipod - next time I am gonna sneak up on his earphone wearing *** and cut his line! :D

Captain Ahab said:
I just noticed that Jake is wearing an Ipod - next time I am gonna sneak up on his earphone wearing *** and cut his line! :D

His fishing line, or the line to his iPod ?? :wink:

Latest posts