9.8 merc 110 on my 12ft mirrocraft

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eriecrappie33

Reaction score
Can anyone give me a ballpark figure on how fast my 9.8 merc should push my 12ft mirrocraft, i havent had a gps on it yet to really say how fast im moving, just doesnt seem like its pushing it as well as it should. thanks!

My 2010 9.9 ELH 4 stroke Merc pushed my 2010 Lowe 1457 @ 21 mph with just me in it. Not sure what the hull/weight differences are from that and your 12' boat are though.

Sorry about the lack of detail, im not sure what model tin mirro it is but its a v-hull and the ouboard is a mid 1980s 110 2 stroke

Looks like it weighs in at or about 150 lbs? So you should see similar performance to my 1457. I moved the batteries and fuel cell forwad to the middle of the boat. Try moving stuff around to get it floating somewhat level.

might not be worth it but you can get a tiny tach it wraps around a spark plug wire. Then you can tell if your at the high end or low end of your rpm range or way out of your range and might be able to re prop for a little more. May be a little dinged up prop might cavitate some,older motor might be a little weak. They started rating the power at the prop in mid 80's So might be down a horse or 2 from a new one of the same hp. Do you have the right motor shaft to transom. 18 -22 mph would be a ball park figure. Over 20 feels fast in a little boat.

The combo below clocked a couple of ticks over 20 mph with me and modest gear...200 lbs total, and mid-19s carrying 465 lbs of gear, mods and driver. All GPS.

I am running a 6 hp - Merc 60 from the early 60's on a 1974 14' Deep V Mirrocraft, can't plane out with it but get around fine. I am at around 8 MPH wide open.

Latest posts