A day full of Fun - Pictures...

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SVNET

Reaction score
Well,

I took the advice I was given here, took a break and a day to go have fun, so I did.

I packed the boat and took the wife fishing to the lake and used my favorite lunching spot.

I woke up early to a beautiful Massachusetts morning here in Florida, colder then usual with a radiant sun and lots of brown leaves. Did some finishing touches to the boat and trailer and got it ready to go. We tried this new town and country restaurant in the town of Hawthorne, excellent country food and reasonable priced. Then we headed to the Lake, there was no body there so we had it all to ourselves.

Put the boat in the water only to discover that I miss a lot my old utility trailer, just a lot easier to launch and load. I wanted a dedicated boat trailer so much only to find out that it is a lot harder to use... But, the job I did on that trailer came out perfect, it rolls so smooth and stable, and it fits the boat so perfectly, I am amazed.

Then we finally got in the new boat for the first time to another big surprise, what a difference does a flat boat makes, I will never go back to a V-Shape. This little boat, only 1130, and it is so stable in the water and easy to maneuver, what a great feeling when you can immediately fall in love with something.

I ran the outboard for a little bit, it ran rough but it did run and it did not stalled. It actually pushed the boat around quite well to my surprise, see the video below... It just needs some fine tuning...

Then I went for another pleasant surprise, the trolling motor that came with the boat, it is a pretty decent device, and it complements the boat very well, I had a blast using it. It was moving a packed boat very well, quietly and smoothly.

Best part of all, the wife had a blast, she got to cast for about an hour, then she read magazines sitting on a cushioned boat chair with back rest, it was cool fall weather, she loved it.

All in all an excellent day, here are some pictures!

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/LYP95a8Icag&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/LYP95a8Icag&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYP95a8Icag

01Wify.jpg

02Restaurant.jpg

03FirstLaunch.jpg

04Pullingrig.jpg

05Boatready.jpg

06lovingmyboat.jpg

07FunWife.jpg

08TrollingMotor.jpg

09LoveBugs.jpg

Great pics, and looks y'all had a really nice day! 8)

Do you trailer the boat with the trolling motor hanging as low (close) to the ground as it is in the pics? With the weight of the motor (lower end) I'd be cautious that it doesn't "sway/bounce" some and put stress on the bracket. Just a thought :wink:

Waterwings said:
Great pics, and looks y'all had a really nice day! 8)

Do you trailer the boat with the trolling motor hanging as low (close) to the ground as it is in the pics? With the weight of the motor (lower end) I'd be cautious that it doesn't "sway/bounce" some and put stress on the bracket. Just a thought :wink:

We did had a good time, I am glad we went fishing yesterday.

I did rode with trolling motor like that and it did worry me, not sure what to do other then just carry it side the car but it is a pain to be taking it on and off all the time.

What do you recommend, how to you transport yours ?

Glad you got to get out in your boat. When mama's happy everybody is happy (you don't have to tell her I said that LOL). It is amazing how that can rejuvenate a man's 'want to' after having troubles as you did. As for unloading and loading the boat I would suggest you add a couple of guides-ons to your trailer. They will help keep the boat straight with the trailer bunks when loading and unloading. Also I would raise the trolling motor as high as it will go , tilt it horizontal and strap the head down with a velcro strap to maybe the bench or a simple wooden bracket.

Keep us posted man. Great pics and a great story.

Attachments

• phpPwItOaAM.jpg
    phpPwItOaAM.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 633
it is nice that you got out and enjoyed your boat .you should be able to raise your trolling motor and tiltit back towards the boat and lock it if the lock is broke take a bungee strape and strape it down if you road it like that for long you will break it

I agree with the above posts.You should raise and tilt the trolling motor(or take it off) and with guide ons,that trailer would work perfect.Phased guide ons are real nice but you can make your own,PVC pipe would work.

Sounds like you had a great day, and I agree a happy wife makes all the difference. Especially when you want to go get all the little extras for your rig. I would defiantly look into some guides it will make a big difference in loading and unloading, and on a windy day they really do pay for themselves. I got mine at Cabela's for my rig.
DSCF0007z.jpg

Glad you had a good time. And just think about the memories you tot to share together while out on the water. You can look back at those pictures years down the road and remember the good time.

SVENT looks like a pefect time :wink:

Its really awsome that your wife can be a friend you know what I mean.

GOOD times :D

Funny stuff is when my wife goes hunting with me and we sit together at lunch on the tail gate, she'll have the orange hat on still, as fellow hunters drive by they hesitate to wave at us, I'm sure first thing in thier mind is "why the heck are those guys sitting so close" :lol:

Funny and true stuff #-o

Latest posts