A flounderful day

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jl_rotary

Reaction score
My dad insisted that we go fishing on a headboat today and told me to find a decent headboat. So after reading a report I decided to go with Thelma Dale IV in Lewes, DE.
The boat baits where mostly squid and some flounder belly. As people caught sharks and sea robins the cut them up for bait as well. I caught many tbs in the morning and as the afternoon approached I put 3 keepers in the box, ranging from 20-23". My dad also got one at 23" in the afternoon.
When it came time for the pool I almost didnt put my thick 23" flounder up against this guys 25-26" flounder, but the mate said lets just check yours is pretty thick, so we checked and mine just totally out weighed his longer fish. He put them on that thing to weigh the fish that is like a see-saw and mine just dropped, they switched the fish to opposite ends and mine dropped again....I won the pool....yippy. I had a great day on the water with my dad. Here are some pics.
2009-07-03005-1.jpg

2009-07-03007.jpg

And here is a pic of my keepers and my dad's keeper. I think his is 2nd from the top.
2009-07-03001-1.jpg

Oh yeah I weighed the fish when we got back to the dock and it was just shy of 5.5 lbs.

Latest posts