A report

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr.fish

Reaction score
Finally, I found some time to log in and throw a report tinboats way. I was meant to join up with Esquired tonight, but instead I fished wednesday night, which led to the wifey keeping me home a night. Anyway, I been slacking on posting reports, and just having no time to contribute to the tinboat forum. So finally I made some time between fishing and work to contribute a report or 2.

Wednesday afternoon started out pretty shitty, considering it is supposed to be spring. What a weird day. The day started warm, but by afternoon, the hit and miss storms rolled through, and the temps dropped considerbly. By the time the sun was setting it had to be in the 40's. With the weather being so, I expected the worst. Unfortunately, I was very wrong. We gathered some bait by 6:00, and were at the spot by 7. About 2 minutes in, I had a smaller flathead on, maybe pushing 3lbs. Shortly after my friend Joe hooks up with a 8lber, and about 10 minutes later, a bigger fish at 10lbs. Just before sunset, I hooked up nice, with a respectable 30lb flathead. From then on it was dead. I vowed to stay just a little longer so Joe could have a chance at hooking up with a bigger fish. Just before 11:00, My reel started to shed drag, and I was fortunate enough again to hook up with a more spunkier 25lber. We stayed just about 5 minutes later, and decided to call it quits.

The 30
CopyofPicture1310.jpg

The 25
CopyofPicture1312.jpg

Nice cats. Do you eat em or let em go? Those flatheads have eaten nearly all of the bream of all kinds out of the Edisto River here in SC