absolutely ridiculous

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I believe there is something else to this story too. I do know this much. Here in the state of IL you can build a homemade boat. You have to have all of the receipts of the build. When the conservation officer came and inspected the boat that I am trying to get a title to. He filled out this form and give it to me to send back to the state. Well I was reading it there is a section for homemade boats. It asked how many boats have you built and builders name. So maybe he has build more than this one boat even if it was for free. Maybe he tried to take the materials off on his taxes. Who knows! Dont know the other side of the story. All I got to say when dealing with the government agencies keep your mouth SHUT! bare minimum information is all they need to know.

Steve

Thats a bunch of Crap. Maybe since I do mechanic work on all my neighbors cars atvs motorcycles for free I should get a huge tax break for being a charitable organizatio.

FloridaBassGirl said:
That is absolutely insane! I know they will tax you for some crazy things for sure!

My cousin in N.C. was actually taxed for being a dog owner!!
This happened when she filed State Taxes, and she lives on the Indian Reservation too!
1ST... She was taxed for owning a pair of AKC registered German Shepard, and selling the litter of pups they produced..... She is considered a "breeder"! (it was a one time thing, She had them both fixed after. Her goal was ONE pup from the pair and she sold the rest)
THEN 2ND, The State zapped her with a healthy fine for not applying for a license BEFORE letting her dogs breed! All in all she was taxed and fined over $3000.00
(this was only done because of small talk with her accountant when she noticed his German Shepard while getting her taxes prepared... HER monies made from the litter was only that she sold 4 puppies for $400.00 each!)

* I personally would be finding a new accountant! lol *

I don't see the relevance in this. Your cousin was taxed as a breeder, not as a dog owner. Many states have laws to prevent the overpopulation of animals that is so rampant in our country. No breeding means no breeding period. She bred dogs for profit and made $1600.

It is outlawed in Las Vegas as well, in fact dogs are legally supposed to be neutered and spayed by a certain age. I wish it was enforced more. It is a crime that thousands of dogs are being killed daily - we don't need more backyard puppies.

It is a good example though of the kind of thing that could be happening on the other side of this story...there are all kinds of justifiable things that may have behind the state taxing him.