Abu Garcia question

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raven174us

Reaction score
I was given an Abu Garcia 6600 bcx. They thought something was wrong with it and was gonna trash it. I brought it home and found a diagram for it just to find out someone took it apart and didn't put 2 little springs back in the right place.
Now, I've never used a reel like this so I have a question about it. When I push the button to release the line and I go to crank it, the button doesn't click back. I have to do it manually flip it back up. Is that normal or is there something else wrong with it?

The button should click back when you start cranking the handle. Is this an everytime thing, or does it sometimes click back? I had an issue similar to this with my C3 6500's where my button was sticking due to lack of grease on a "rubbing" surface inside the side cover, and all I had to do was open up the side where the "clicking mechanism" inside the side cover and put a dab of grease onto the spot where that button had a surface which it rubbed on another piece. However my 6500 C3 has the metal "tab" button unlike your full button, but I can't imagine the inside workings being much difference. You might open up that button side of the reel and see if you can find anywhere it may be rubbing and try that.

If this doesn't help, a few specific forums you might check into are Musky and/or Catfish sites....alot of these guys use these type reels....and like I said....I believe this is a common problem with these reels. You might be able to find a fix on one of these sites. Hope this helps.

No, it doesn't even try to click back. I'll try putting a dab of grease on it and see what happens. I just hope there's not something missing from it. Here is a pic of the area. the button is pushed down in this pic. What I'm guessing is there should be something between the plastic piece and the cog. But I have no clue really. :?

DSCF2008asd.jpg

Does that little nub(where the red arrow is pointing)...is that one entire piece, or an individual one?

If you have a good exploded view of the reel, if you look at it close enough you should be able to track down if all the pieces are there or not?

Its one entire piece. I looked at the diagram closely again and found that there are a spring and another piece missing. So I just gotta find a place to get the parts. Thanks for helping.

There is a place here in Wi, that repairs only Abu-Garcia reels and uses only new parts. I've had 2 reels repaired by him and he is great.

https://sportsmansrepair.com

Latest posts