all my fellow tinboaters

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm happily unemployed, by choice. :mrgreen:

USAF for four years.

Insurance sales for about a month.

Salesman for PONG, the first video game for two days!

Wholesaler part time.

Phone company (Ma Bell) 35 years.

Mr. Mom for many years. :roll:

Now retired and playing very hard!

I am an industrial mechanic on big printing presses in a 1.2m sq ft plant. I see the new National Geographic as it comes off the presses along with quite a few newspaper sales fliers. I specialize in troubleshooting complaints to the most basic level and fixing things right the first time.

I'm a tinkerer too. Love to fix up junk and make cool things that actually work.
Jamie

Captain Ahab said:
FishingCop said:
( But I'm surviving on my pension - so far, the Illinois government is now trying to mess with it :(

That and those dividend checks from running the Trivia game

Hay, where is my kickback?

Oh yeah, I forgot about that part time job/income from the TinBoats Trivia management - When I get my first check, I'll be sure to send you your cut :) BTW, how much a month were you getting for running the game????? Since I haven't seen a commission check yet, I assume they're still going to you????? I think you owe me past commissions - and a bonus for taking Trivia over for you??????

I have been forwarding those bi-weekly checks to your attention - you have never received them? You do live in Lealand, Mississippi right?

I spent 18 yrs in the construction trade back home in Michigan, moved to Ga 2.5 yrs ago, first job I found was for a race team, Money is fair, time from home sucks, seen a lot of places ill would have likely never seen. I currently work for a professional race team, and I am hoping to change up jobs in a few months to another more respectable team, Just waiting for the call back now, would be the highlight of my entire career so far.

I've worked in a paper mill for almost 40 years, done most every production job in there at one time or another, from raw materials incoming, to finished product outgoing. Ranchero50, some of those Nat Geo issues were probably on our paper. Been safety coordinator for the last 5 years or so, trying to keep 700 people from messing up and killing themselves.

Gov't contractor building prototype communications systems for the military, mainly spec-ops and Dept of State. In Afghanistan since April, installing comms for US Army Corp of Engineers. Probably not coming home til Christmas time, contract is on hold, so I sit around, troll this site, go to the gym, and play Halo. Sounds like fun, but man I'm bored. Much rather be home with the Wife.

Jim said:
I want to own mt own bbq joint. :D

i have seen some of your work on here... very nice, but im usualy at work and seeing food is not good just makes me hungry :D

i find it very interesting all the different types of people in different jobs and careers, i hope everyone looking for better finds it and those that are content stay that way... and those that are retired enjoy it to the fullest best of luck to everyone :D

What do I do? Pretty much anything I want. :mrgreen:

My fulltime day job- ISO 9001:2008 Lead Auditor, soon to be Auditing ISO/IEC 17025 as well. I audit the Caterpillar Engine Technology Center. My job is to make sure they are following thier processes, and procedures, recommending improvements, etc. I audit everyone from top management down. The strangest part, wearing steel toed boots and dress slacks everyday to work.

My part time paying gigs:
DJ weddings on the weekends,
Plow snow in hte winter,
Home remodeling,
Auto-mechanics to family and friends, or those who have a vey limited income.

Full cool thread!

SVoMIKE, Awesome job! I know this job all to well! My father was the first to roll into iraq after 9/11 on the private sector and spent 4 1/2 years there in the red zone for our company that he runs! I worked for him although not over seas due to school but helped him with anything stateside they needed.

Right now I am a student as a homeland security major at embry riddle in daytona beach. Im taking two languages and also flying as well! Ive already been offered a full time job after college(next year) with the coast guard and have been told that the state department and a few other agencies are looking at me for a job! Very excited to follow in my fathers foot steps!

Keep the jobs coming guys!

4 years in the Navy

Started in plant maintenance for a EPS molding company 35 years ago, took technical and business courses at night for a number of years, designed and built a lot of equipment for the company, held several other positions, managed a lot of projects, been a plant manager for the past 22 years.