All sponsors, please read!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nevillizer

Reaction score
We are about to begin production of a series of videos that will cover tin boat restoration & modification. Any sponsor may purchase a segment sponsorship. This is a brief 20-30 second commercial that precede each segment of the video. Example:

The following is brought to you by: Acme Rocket Company. Are you being constantly outrun by that pesky bird? Well Acme Rocket Company has a solution for you. Strap one of our never fail ZX-1000 rockets and you can can blow off his tale feathers as you fly by. Acme Rocket Company , 1500 Beep Beep Circle Carswell Arizona. You can find us on the web at www.acmerocket.net or call 1-555-555-5555.

There will be eleven spots available. Please contact me via PM for details.

Also, FYI Tinboats.net will be featured in the spot at no charge to Jim. The finished product will be available via internet subscription as well as for sale via DVD through multiple venues.

Also, for those who would like to input ideas for content comments are welcome. Please post ideas on this thread.

Wow, what an over whelming response. :( I'm gonna try and keep this thread going so maybe some one will ring in.

Here is an outline of what will be covered in the video. Any suggestions or input would be appreciated.

1. Checking for leaks
2. Rivets
a. Re-bucking
b. Re-placing
i. Rivet
ii. SS bot
3. Transom
a. Removal
b. Replacement
4. Paint
a. Preparation
i. Sanding
ii. Grinding / wire wheel
b. Cleaning
c. Priming
d. Painting
e. Bottom coats
f. Inside texture
5. Floor installation
a. Designing a schematic
b. Making a template
c. Bracing
d. Flooring
i. Carpet installation
ii. Other floor coverings
6. Casting Decks
a. Designing a schematic
b. Making a template
c. Bracing
d. Flooring
7. Live wells
a. Permanent
b. Removable
8. Storage
9. Battery box
10. Seating
11. Electrical
a. Lighting (navigation/other)
b. Bilge / Aerators
c. Fish Finder
d. Trolling motor
e. Alternate power source

Ok, we start production in the morning on this. I will be photo documenting the progress as well.
We are looking into entering an agreement with the Tadpole Foundation to donate a portion of the proceeds ($1-$2) of each sale to their "Off the Streets and On the Creeks" program focusing on getting at risk youth interested in outdoor activities. This is a unique opportunity to reach out to the community. It will allow sponsors to utilize their investment as a tax write off.

We will be submitting this video for product review to several large outfitters for sale in there stores and online which will give any participating sponsors coverage in extremely large markets. For those interested no money will be collected until review of the finished product.

Well, production started this morning. Going well so far. Going to start a new thread on the actual mod/restore.

We have finished the intro, and the first two segments. All is going well. 100 degree heat this weekend was not fun. We have a lot to do prior to moving onto the next segment. I'll keep updating. Should have some new pictures posted on the Mod thread late tonight or early tomorrow.

Well, we are geared up fpr production this weekend if the weather holds out. So far so good. You can follow the progress on the 1973 Duracraft thread in the mods section also. Lots of pictures. :lol:

Been out of town filming in Houston. We will start back up this weekend. So far it's going well.

Latest posts