Allegheny River smallies

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mtnman

Reaction score
I Went out this afternoon for about 2 hrs fishing some weedbeds in the river. The fish wouldnt bite a thing bouncing on the bottom so I tried floating a minnow about 2 ft down froma bobber and that was the ticket. I ended up with 2 small mouth and one small large mouth (12") The biggest of the small mouth was about 19inches long. Other than live bait all else failed, they wouldnt hit a thing if it wasnt wiggleing and alive. The river temp is starting to rise fast though because my bait was dieing in a minnow bucket from the water being to warm, so the small mouth action will be great real soon! ITS ABOUT TIME!!!!!! Heres a pic of my biggest smallie.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 427
Nice Bass! The water is finally nice and warm here too....this rain we are gettin' might cool things down a bit though.

The rain has already cooled the water down here. In the last 2 days it dropped 3 degrees. But is gonna be 88 tomorrow and 91 Friday so that should warm it right back up. Hopefully!