alumacraft 1436 mod

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bklepsig

Reaction score
I have a few questions since this will be my first mod.
1. What should I use as support for my front deck have seen a lot of different ways im going for a wood deck? Have seen guys on here use 2x4s and also 2x2s just wondering what is best.
2. How weight is going to effect the ride and flotation of boat seen guys once again using anything from 15/32-1 in plywood for decking and the support comes in again.
3. What height of the deck should be?
4. Removing foam from benches?
5. How much weight I can add and be good?

also found this livewell system to put in middle seat what yalls opinions https://www.cabelas.com/product/Tempress-Utility-Hatch-Liners/700042.uts?productVariantId=1185122&WT.tsrc=CSE&WT.mc_id=GoogleProductAds&WT.z_mc_id1=02880682&rid=40&channel=GoogleBaseUSA&mr:trackingCode=697AD0CB-958E-DF11-A0C8-002219318F67&mr:referralID=NA&mr:device=c&mr:adType=pla_with_promotion&mr:ad=30640541711&mr:keyword&mr:match&mr:filter=57965354231&gclid=COe5zb_X-b4CFQEdOgodVwoATw&gclsrc=aw.ds#BVRRWidgetID

Try this for posting pictures. It's how I do it.

https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3664

I'm making my deck out of 1/8 angle aluminum and 1/4 sheet aluminum. I'm trying to stay away from wood as much as possible in my build. I live in Florida and do a lot of salt water fishing so they don't mix well. As for the picture reduce the size of it some and it should then allow you to post it. Also a cheap live well I found is to use an rv tank you can get them from eBay for $50 or so depending on the size. Cut a hole in the top and put a hatch on then your pluming and your good to go. Hope this helps.

welcome,
I have pretty much that same boat that i'm working on right now. not sure if you have had it on the water yet but they are fairly stable with the stock set up and i ran into a guy at the lake i fish occassionally who had the same boat with deck built at seat level from the front stock deck to the rear of the front seat. he let me come along for a ride so i could check it out and i was surprised at how solid it felt. its still a jon but i wasnt afraid that it was going to tip or sink or anything. as far as framing material goes i plan to use 2x2 on 12 inch centers and 1/2 inch ply. i would love to use aluminum tubing and aluminum sheet but i only plan to have the boat two or three years at best and the price difference is HUGE. hope this helps and enjoy the boat.

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=355858#p355858 said:
Jake11 » 15 Jun 2014, 15:23[/url]"]welcome,
I have pretty much that same boat that i'm working on right now. not sure if you have had it on the water yet but they are fairly stable with the stock set up and i ran into a guy at the lake i fish occassionally who had the same boat with deck built at seat level from the front stock deck to the rear of the front seat. he let me come along for a ride so i could check it out and i was surprised at how solid it felt. its still a jon but i wasnt afraid that it was going to tip or sink or anything. as far as framing material goes i plan to use 2x2 on 12 inch centers and 1/2 inch ply. i would love to use aluminum tubing and aluminum sheet but i only plan to have the boat two or three years at best and the price difference is HUGE. hope this helps and enjoy the boat.

Yea I looked into aluminum as well it is expensive I also don't have a tig welder and would rather do myself. Was the one you rode on at the lake framed with 2x2s as well I just hear so many horror stories of do it right the first time or you will spend 3-4 times as much redoing it over and over. I was also thinking of dropping 1/4 in ply or so in the bottom then just sandwiching my support ply 2x2 then the deck any ideas on that.

Well I just bought 3 20ft 1.5x1.5 angle aluminum 1/8 thick and that's what I am using from framing and it only set me back $71. As for welding it you don't have to weld it just rivet it together. There is a video on a guy building a deck as well with aluminum on YouTube. Just when you do wood best way is to resin it and it will last longer but may cost the same as just aluminum and it won't rot.

awesome! where did you end up getting the angle from? local or chain? it's going to be a while before i can accomplish any major work on mine due to work schedule so i will definitely be following your build and possibly borrowing some ideas. good luck and looking forward to seeing how it goes.

I been usining angel 1.5 x 1.5. ill be posting pictures here soon. I got the livewell cut out and most of the framing done, waiting on my tempress hatch and hatch liner to get this thing going any ideas on wiring since this is my first mod. ill need to wire livewell and fish finder any ideas thanks.

you can get the aluminum from www.onlinemetals.com delivered for less than you can buy it at lowes or home depot

my build was on a 1436LT - link in my signature - though I went a different route using FRP and foam

Oh - those utility liners aren't big enough for a decent livewell unless all you plan on keeping in it is bait...most tournaments require at least 25 gallons which is roughly 3.5 cu ft.

Tempress makes some awesome hatches though - I've got them on my boat & they're extremely well made.

if you're going thru your seat you either need to elevate the deck to get yourself 12" of depth or use the 9" deep insert...unless the non LT version is deeper than the LT version I've got.

heres some more up to date pictures

Attachments

• boat 5.jpg
    boat 5.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 523
  • boat 6.jpg
    boat 6.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 523
  • boat 7.jpg
    boat 7.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 523
new to this whole thing need ideas and help for wiring will have bow mount trolling motor live well and fishfinder to wire and running lights. also a on board battery charger

I ran my wires through those side channels - run everything but the fish finder through one side - and the fish-finder sensor on the other that way you don't get interference.

Latest posts