Alumacraft 15x42

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fishsalot

Reaction score
guys has any one put a front seat on the very front of boat kind of like a bass boat lol going to buy a trolling motor mount that sticks in where the handles at now just need a seat up front thought i'd ask before i done it :oops:

oh yeah guys do that alot i plan on doing it on mine i want to have 2 on my front deck. how far forward are you talking about? can you post a pic of your boat?

Are you talking a deck with a pedestal seat? If so, take a look at the pictures in the link in my siggy. The boat is plenty stable, with 2 people fishing out of it, or 3 adults and a dog riding in it.

Most people attach a piece of plywood or aluminum all the way across the seat with toggle bolts or pop rivets (if aluminum), if they can't reach to put fender washers back there, and then bolt the seat base to the plywood, or rivet it to the aluminum. The thin seat material is usually not quite strong enough for the seat base without reinforcement.

im going to do like most of ou guys lol go with plywood and put a seat before the deck i am going to get a foot controled tm too

hey fishalot i am about to purchase the same boat.... i have a 1985 15hp johnson that i plan to power it until i can afford a mud buddy or something similar.... lots of low river action around here i want to get to.

how do you like your boat so far...and are you pleased with it.?
any info would be great,

thanks
ant

Latest posts