Alumacraft or Grizzly

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boney

Reaction score
My decision has pretty much been narrowed to the Alumacraft 1448 MV or the Grizzly 1448. I know the Grizzly is heavier (both weight wise and metal gauge) and more expensive but it does already have the floor installed and the front deck is bigger than the Alumacraft. What are you guys thoughts on these two boats. I'll be going with a 20-25 H.P. motor. Gotta stick with a 14' for storage reasons.

VA beach? My only concern would be cleaning the hull with the floor installed after using it in salt / briny water.

I bought the 1648 grizzly this spring and I love this boat
I think you would be happy with either one

What is your intended use?

Rocky, shallow rivers?
Lakes, deeper rivers?

Both are good boats.

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=324943#p324943 said:
Boney » 06 Aug 2013, 06:45[/url]"]My decision has pretty much been narrowed to the Alumacraft 1448 MV or the Grizzly 1448. I know the Grizzly is heavier (both weight wise and metal gauge) and more expensive but it does already have the floor installed and the front deck is bigger than the Alumacraft. What are you guys thoughts on these two boats. I'll be going with a 20-25 H.P. motor. Gotta stick with a 14' for storage reasons.

i would recomend eds marine for alumacraft. they do have a 1448 with a floor and ncs with a larger deck. i just bought a 1648 from them. they are cheaper than any other alumacracft dealer in the area.

I also went to Ed's for my Alumacraft 1648 NCS.
They're great for buying a boat and motor, but they charge a LOT for accessories.
Also, make sure to bring CASH or finance it because they add on 5% to the price if you have to use your credit card.

@ Joseph and Butthead, thanks for the tips. Probably gonna take a road trip to Ed's in about a month or so. Thanks for the tip on the credit card. That's what I had planned on paying with until I read your post about the surcharge.

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=325431#p325431 said:
Boney » Today, 12:32[/url]"]@ Joseph and Butthead, thanks for the tips. Probably gonna take a road trip to Ed's in about a month or so. Thanks for the tip on the credit card. That's what I had planned on paying with until I read your post about the surcharge.

your welcome i looked at wilcox bait and tackle and the attached picture is their price list. eds is cheap compared to them.

Attachments

• IMG_20130607_154529.jpg
    IMG_20130607_154529.jpg
    577.2 KB · Views: 1,008

Latest posts