ALUMACRAFT STARCRAFT COMPARISON

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BCOWANWHEELS

Reaction score
JUST THOUGHT I,D share some things i,ve noticed between a semi V alumacraft versas a starcraft semi V ALUM BOAT.
the starcraft has "alot" more rivets in it than the alumacraft especially at or below the water line so the alumacraft is alot better design of the 2 IMO. I have a starcraft 14 ft i,am gonig over it stem to stern befor I put it in the water, yes its a good boat but it isnt a alumacraft. just what i,ve noticed and imo.
bob

One boat I really miss is the Alumacraft T-12S. The boat was made with 6000 series aluminum stretch formed and heat treated. It was one tough boat. It is too bad the Alumacraft factory burnt down that made these fine boats and Alumacraft never put these boats back into production after the fire. I feel this has been the largest setback to strong semi-V cartop boats ever. The Alumacraft 6000 series stretched formed hulls could take a pounding for years and still serve the owners many years more. I wish Alumacraft gets the Intestinal Fortitude to get investors involved to get the tooling made to build these fine boats again. I know I am not the only person that misses them. I would buy one in a heartbeat if they were built again. Alumacraft made many differant stretch formed models of boats from 6000 series aluminum. I am hoping that someday someone recognizes that there is a need for this type of boat. These boats also needed very little horse power to plane them. They were very efficent. They were very good in wakes from other boats. Lots of these boats gave some of the driest rides in rough water. Yes it was an end to an era when Alumacraft gave up on bringing these boats back. What a shame.

Latest posts